Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Any of these pro teams going to show up for the Deer Creek Challange on Sunday for a training ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Any of these pro teams going to show up for the Deer Creek Challange on Sunday for a training ride?
    and take the risk of being sabotaged with box-cutters and thumb tacks? http://www.summitdaily.com/article/2...ntProfile=1055

There will be buses from Crested Butte to Cottonwood Pass the morning of that stage, but that's about the only way to get there, while they grade the dirt section for the race.

Anyone going to be catching the finish in Breck on Sat? Also thinking about catching Lookout Mtn from the top, maybe take Apex up on the bike early?
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

the only thing this race is lacking is a BIG mountain top finish (sorry Mt. Crested Butte). Was thinking about next year and thought of a stage leaving Keystone or Dillon, up and over LL pass then down to Idaho Springs and up Mt. Evans to the finish. That would be BRUTAL but awesome. Discuss...
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    the only thing this race is lacking is a BIG mountain top finish (sorry Mt. Crested Butte). Was thinking about next year and thought of a stage leaving Keystone or Dillon, up and over LL pass then down to Idaho Springs and up Mt. Evans to the finish. That would be BRUTAL but awesome. Discuss...
    Since this is just getting off the ground I think they'll stick to in town finishes that guarantee a good turnout.

My roadie friend who goes to France about every other year for Le Tour said that there are some logistics issues with both Mt. Evans and Pikes Peak in terms of how much crap they need at the finish areas since I was asking the same thing when they announced the tour. He was pretty sure that there was no way they would tackle that this year, but I have my fingers crossed for future tours.
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.

The towns are paying $ to get these stages- it's hard to imagine Idaho Springs putting up $ for a Mt Evans finish that won't fill up their bars, etc.

T-ride would make a good finish, I think that's long enough and steep enough to make a difference.

The CB stage is still going to be cool. Sprint points awarded on Elk Ave, followed by the "mountaintop" finish. Yeah it's too short, but it's steep enough right around the "Welcome to Mt CB" sign to break up the pack. But by the finish it will still only be a few seconds.

I want to see a stage finish on Magnolia Road after a 100 mile ride when it's 90 degrees out.
    All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingSpikeDancer View Post
    Anyone going to be catching the finish in Breck on Sat?
    yes. gonna be lots of folks in town.
    Old's Cool.

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    Glad everyone is getting fired up for this, its going to be a sick race this week. Smith Optics is a sponsor and we will have a tent at each finish area in the festival zone. Come on up and say hi, have a beer, and check out some nice gear. Special Maggot pricing on the Smith products we are selling at the tent.

See you out there!
    Rocket Sleds and Super Space Boots

"High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Anyone camping up Indy pass Tuesday night?

http://shacktracker.usaprocyclingchallenge.com/

boom, get nothing done this week
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I watched for the first 30 minutes today and the commercial breaks every 3 minutes made it unbearable. Hopefully, it will be different after the prologue.

I'm thinking of trying to get on Monarch Pass tomorrow and then do a mtn bike ride after people go by... anyone else interested?

that was awesome....but yeah my work suffered and will continue to do so..oh well. Looked like it may have been a head wind for the late starters. Tomorrow will be fun to watch.....I hope some of the TGR CB peeps put on some elk horns and a speedo and run around. Goldenboy? Z? Dside?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Gonna watch the parade and rocket up there.

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingSpikeDancer View Post
    ... maybe take Apex up on the bike early?
    Apparently Apex & Chimney have signs up at both ends saying the trail will be closed to bikes Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by deepsquat View Post
    Apparently Apex & Chimney have signs up at both ends saying the trail will be closed to bikes Sunday.
    Well, doesn't that just cunt up my plans then! I am not too keen on riding the road ahead of time, they would probably catch me going up.

that was awesome....but yeah my work suffered and will continue to do so..oh well. Looked like it may have been a head wind for the late starters. Tomorrow will be fun to watch.....I hope some of the TGR CB peeps put on some elk horns and a speedo and run around. Goldenboy? Z? Dside?
    CB barely needs an excuse to dress up, it'll be a good show. Thankfully I don't own a speedo, but I'll do my best.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    I'll be hanging out somewhere on the final climb up to the finish w/ my dad after riding some classic trails. See you out there

a break away from the start today
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

hearing Monarch is seeing 20mph gusts out of the west = headwind
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Kinda bunk that you can't watch the racers at the top of Monarch..
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.