Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Ogdens

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Best way to see the worst part of xxxxxxxxxx is on a bike...much more sensory input, still enough speed to get away from hostility, no carjackings.

Agreed. Helps if your bike looks like shit, and not some boomer dentist cruiser.

On the flip side, in Panama City we stayed in a not very nice part of town, and the people were super friendly, and never felt unsafe.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    On the flip side, in Panama City we stayed in a not very nice part of town, and the people were super friendly, and never felt unsafe.

sent from Utah.
    Florida does weird things to people.
    I still call it The Jake.

Panama. Panama city, Panama.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Panama. Panama city, Panama.

sent from Utah.
    My statement still stands.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    You're talking IL side of the river? Yeah, Lord of the Flies over there. But with grown-ups.
    I learned a lot of what I know about that place because I drove trucks nightly in a 500 mile radius from Olney IL, so I went to the STL area a lot. One night on the freeway in E stl there was a guy running across the highway ahead of me, then some more, and as I got closer I could see and hear they were all shooting at each other.

So I told that story a lot and heard lots of advice from stl guys I befriended at loading docks trying to keep ol whitey from going the wrong way into the hunting grounds, and stories from various drivers and whatnot.

There’s stuff there named for FloJo. (Edit: my bad, actually Jackie Joyner-Kersee) ....like, ummm yeah, I’d learn to run fast as shit too if I lived in that situation.
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 05-23-2019 at 07:28 AM.

In Chicago, we we're driving through a burned out boarded up neighborhood, and at a light, there was a guy walking through the middle of the intersection with no shirt on, a large metal pipe in one hand, and a big gnarly looking dog on a thick chain. We didn't see any open Mexican joints.

sent from Utah.

Yes, yes....You’re talking about Pedro. I bought a bunch of tacos from that guy!
    He uses the pipe to stir churro batter. The dog looks gnarly but he’s really friendly, just scratch her behind the ears.

A good general rule is avoid Martin Luther King Blvd. Nothing good happens there. I have theories about it but as a rule don't go there unless you have a reason.

Ogdens

Worst I have seen in the states was in Chicago. Cousin picked me up at Midway airport in a rental car, headed to the f1 race at Indianapolis, and we got lost on the se side of town. Holy shit. We ran red lights and kept going until we got out of there.

sent from Utah.
    X2. I was moving to Tahoe. Took a wrong turn off I90 in an awful area of the south side, not exactly sure where. I was blowing lights too. Definitely the worst I’ve seen in the states. Palmetto FL is rough.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 05-22-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A good general rule is avoid Martin Luther King Blvd. Nothing good happens there. I have theories about it but as a rule don't go there unless you have a reason.

so that's where that came from. ha.

Damn brain.

Ha. We used to skate all around the southside of Chicago as a kid, grew up just north. We would have a pack of like 10-15 kids skating spots around cabrini green(before they tore it down) and Robert Taylor. It got sketch a few times but most of the gangbangers were cool with us and would put the the younger ones in their place after letting them fuck with us for a bit. We'd smoke blunts and drink 40s with em. Ah to be young and dumb.

Now east st louis......fuck that place!