Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ogdens

I have always been a fan of Yeti's Ogden.
    Bean dip"s too
    although neither is from near ogden...
    so again as a quality
    wheras MD9 seems to have very little Ogden at all.
    or maybe he is to young for me to check out his Ogden...

Saw frozen's Ogden a few times, but not sure many have.
    well maybe recently

Sincerely hope you find your happiness and your place Yeti. Thanks for sharing. You're not the first person to feel that way...though your history is obviously unique. Best wishes man. Beers on me if you're ever in MN or anywhere nearby for that matter.

Ogden Ogden Ogden Ogden Ogden

Ogden

was going to see where West Valley rated but then saw the graph.
    Tooele's rating in Ogdens?

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy

If you think about it, Ogden isn't really a benchmark here, it could change. It could get a tram from weber state right to sb and homeland security could round up the mexicans and the dogfood factory could close...I mean that could all happen. Ogden could swing hard around right into the negative ogdens.
    I wrote that like 5 years ago annnnnnd:

http://www.visitutah.com/things-to-d..._medium=Social

boom goes the dynamite.

Ogden....continuing its long, dutiful march deeper into the negative Ogdens. It's all Meatdrink9's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I wrote that like 5 years ago annnnnnd:

http://www.visitutah.com/things-to-d..._medium=Social

boom goes the dynamite.

Ogden....continuing its long, dutiful march deeper into the negative Ogdens. It's all Meatdrink9's fault.
    When I went a few years back to visit the Meat Bros, I liked Ogden. Having breakfast in the little dinners downtown and talking to the old locals, man they had good stories of Ogden in the old days. Not sure I could ever live there (spoiled from living by the beach) but I liked it and the people I met. And I really liked Snow Basin.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

If I remember right you have fought wild land fire for the fed for a while is this correct?????

Quote Originally Posted by telehacker View Post
    If I remember right you have fought wild land fire for the fed for a while is this correct?????
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by telehacker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Yes.
    Can you help me get a job?

Thanks for the bump. I should have looked for this when we were discussing the scale in another thread a bit ago. Just read through it and I think I've read too many Ogdens for one day

The more you think you understand it the less you actually understand it. And vice versa.

for me, Ogden today is feeling like 7 Ogdens with this inversion. Apocalyptic orange night sky, frozen landscape, & it's got me sick enough that I'm avoiding bourbon.

Two weeks ago, I would have given Ogden a -2 Ogdens with the constant snow, happy dogs romping on the foothills, happy old school rat pack ski sessions, and downtown shenanigans.

I can't believe I never saw this thread, much less remembered my password.

Hey J, my numbers the same. Ice, same. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tresckow View Post
    for me, Ogden today is feeling like 7 Ogdens with this inversion. Apocalyptic orange night sky, frozen landscape, & it's got me sick enough that I'm avoiding bourbon.

Two weeks ago, I would have given Ogden a -2 Ogdens with the constant snow, happy dogs romping on the foothills, happy old school rat pack ski sessions, and downtown shenanigans.

Woah, a Tresckow sighting. I haven't run into you on the trails in a while. When you're feeling better lets get together for a dog walk and whiskey session below the alpenglow. I agree with you, when the pollution is bad around here it's the only thing that really dampens my spirit on Ogden. Otherwise, it's pretty much perfect for a home base.

Whoa, what's up Ned? Long time man. We're still at Soli, my number hasn't changed either, give me a call or hit me up on here if you come down that way.

What? When someone is feeling bad, especially someone that is kind and nice and good I try to help if I can.

I don't know why you all think I'm an evil person.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Woah, a Tresckow sighting. I haven't run into you on the trails in a while. When you're feeling better lets get together for a dog walk and whiskey session below the alpenglow. I agree with you, when the pollution is bad around here it's the only thing that really dampens my spirit on Ogden. Otherwise, it's pretty much perfect for a home base.

Wait a minute I thought zzz was tresckow. Do both of you climb? I met one of you two going up to the middle/grand teton in the middle of the night sometime fall 2008. Shit. I'm so confused

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Wait a minute I thought zzz was tresckow. Do both of you climb? I met one of you two going up to the middle/grand teton in the middle of the night sometime fall 2008. Shit. I'm so confused
    Hey, I remember that! Yeah, that was me. Tresckow lives around the way from me (like two blocks) and I frequently see him in the foothills.

Hold up for one second, is this real?

"I was good at it right away from the beginning at age 11 and it came at a time when I was good at nothing else and life was a nightmare. My dad had murdered my step mother and brother and killed himself, it was all over the news. I had people all over me in school every day, I had to fight in the halls and outside of school. I had not one friend for years growing up. Everyone I was friends with in my neighborhood just stopped talking to me after 5th grade. I was a dorky, nerdy, mess of a kid with terrible shit with my schizophrenic murderous dad and I needed to be good at something so I just grabbed onto that one thing I was best at and made it who I was for 20+ years."

If it is....1. I'm sorry for your experience, and 2. Can you write? Because that is one hell of a story.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    2. Can you write? Because that is one hell of a story.
    There is a thread, maybe two about New Mexico somewhere here. That is where you will find your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Hey, I remember that! Yeah, that was me. Tresckow lives around the way from me (like two blocks) and I frequently see him in the foothills.
    Great! I'm not completely crazy. Every now and then I see you post and wonder why you changed your name. Now I know you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Great! I'm not completely crazy. Every now and then I see you post and wonder why you changed your name. Now I know you didn't.
    Well I did at some point. I was flykdog for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    ...and 2. Can you write? Because that is one hell of a story.
    Hands down one of the very best writers here. Search Jong.

Yes! Out of the woodwork! I know you're sitting on years of powder shots. Post 'em up! Hope you're well mang. I miss you guys.

Flashback. Ogden has become quite a bit better in the past 5 years. I agree with ZZZ and Tresckow's recent assessments. Air quality right now is the biggest drag, but we're still far better off than SLC. I was down there on Wednesday and felt like I was lost on the set of Blade Runner. Going solar and EV asap.

This bump begs the question: how many Ogdens is Ogden now??