Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    We didn't drink Brador in HS for the flavor... Just saying.
    So true
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Sam Adams Boston Lager is the fallback when I can't decide what else I want. It's just so damned easy to drink...
    Sam has a case as a go to, especially if we're taking into account wide availability when it comes to "go to;" places that have only five or six taps, often, one is Sam. I used to stop at this Outback that was like that, Sam was by far the best beer they had on tap.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Hill Farmstead Edward
    5.2%
    Easy drinking
    Delight
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Hey TFT, come over and bring the beer this time!
    Not a bad idea!

Go-to for me is PBR or Dale's Pale Ale. But I like to mix it up so I buy different stuff pretty frequently.

If I could reliably get Melvin IPA here it would be my go to.

Go to bottled beer: high life
    Go to canned beer: Molson Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    http://popicon.life/wp-content/uploa...7/169hamms.jpg

For cheap beer in a can nothing even comes close to touching Hamms.
    A few years ago I bought a coupla 12ers of Hamms. I don't know what prompted me to do so, but I did. Perhaps it was an attempt to regain a sense of those devil-may-care college years where any beer that was less than $10 a 12er was what we drank.
    At any rate, I threw 'em in a cooler one Saturday and went to Alpine Meadows for some late season spring skiing. The last coupla times I'd been to AM that season I always ran into folks and we ended up tailgating in the parking lot, but I usually never had beer with me. This time I was prepared. After a few solo runs I bumped into a bunch of kids (I was in my 40s, they were all in their 20s) that I worked with and we ended up skiing together all day. They were gonna tailgate at the end of the day and I mentioned that I had a bunch of beers in the back of my truck so we rallied after last chair. Not a single one of them had ever heard of nor seen a Hamm's before. The bulk of them, after one taste, were all asking "Dude, where did you get this beer? It's way better than Pabst!"

As for goto beer, I do not have one. If I can't score some IPAs from a relatively local (Reno, Truckee, Auburn, Sacramento, Grass Valley/Nevada City) brewery then I don't drink. So, yeah, in short I'm a beer (specifically an IPA) snob.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Molson Canadian. And Summer Shandy is pretty good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Sam has a case as a go to, especially if we're taking into account wide availability when it comes to "go to;" places that have only five or six taps, often, one is Sam. I used to stop at this Outback that was like that, Sam was by far the best beer they had on tap.
    Oh no you d'int! Time for my favorite beer rant. Sam Adams Boston Lager WAS my fallback. In the past. I like it and if there wasn't something else, it was widely available. WAS. Then the Hop Bomb and or fruit beer craze took over. In my area it disappeared. Gone. It used to be in every resteraunt up here. And if they didn't have a tap, then they had bottles. Then the Boston Lager got shoved aside. Sam Adams started pushing their other beers. Every mother loving bar and restaurant kept their Boston Lager signs and advertising. However they stopped carrying Boston Lager. WTF? False advertising. They lost me as a customer. I don't like any of their other beers. One place I went served me their last bottle. The waitress was pretty proud of herself for spending half an hour digging through every cooler in the joint. I drank it, however it was on the stale side. They didn't have anything else I wanted to drink. That's about the time I stopped trying to drink beer in resteraunts. I don't drink often and when I do, I want it to be something I like. Stay thirsty.

Sierra Nevada pale ale

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Kinda depends.

Mowing the lawn? PBR pounder
    Midday drinking? Lawson's Super Session
    At the local bar and don't want to get too hammered? Hill Farmstead Edward or Works of Love

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Oh no you d'int! Time for my favorite beer rant. Sam Adams Boston Lager WAS my fallback. In the past. I like it and if there wasn't something else, it was widely available. WAS. Then the Hop Bomb and or fruit beer craze took over. In my area it disappeared. Gone. It used to be in every resteraunt up here. And if they didn't have a tap, then they had bottles. Then the Boston Lager got shoved aside. Sam Adams started pushing their other beers. Every mother loving bar and restaurant kept their Boston Lager signs and advertising. However they stopped carrying Boston Lager. WTF? False advertising. They lost me as a customer. I don't like any of their other beers. One place I went served me their last bottle. The waitress was pretty proud of herself for spending half an hour digging through every cooler in the joint. I drank it, however it was on the stale side. They didn't have anything else I wanted to drink. That's about the time I stopped trying to drink beer in resteraunts. I don't drink often and when I do, I want it to be something I like. Stay thirsty.
    Yeah, it’s not “craftie” enough anymore. I’m sure that’s happened around here too. Still, I bet if I called the Outback....

Funny I called OBSH in Westminster, the one I used to stop at, lady said it’s there but “temporary “

Now I’m the mood for a 7/16” thick porterhouse and a blooming onion. Also they had an Australian accent guy as the auto attendant and he said “thanks for calling outback Westminster “ poor bloke had to record the name of every damn town where an OBSH is. Lol.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

What's your go-to Beer?

Go to beer? There are many options for many different situations

Go to beer for a hot summer - Bayern Pilsner

Go to beer when on the river - Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Go to beer in the winter - Big Sky Powder Hound or Bayern Groomer

Go to fallback MT beer - Madison River Salmon Fly Honey Rye

Go to cheap beer - Coors Heavy or a Rain-beer

Go to foreign cheap beer - Sapporo

Still plenty Rainier left, even after a two day drunk fest on the water and in the woods with a bunch of dudes:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3828.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	240.0 KB 
ID:	291069

JOE IPA.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Have to say I don't have a go-to anymore. Too many options.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    One of the better mass produced beers IMO. I'm beer snob and I won't refuse a Moorhead.

You in the GTA?

For me it's Moosehead or Three Speed as the daily drivers, mixed with core Great Lakes stuff plus some of their big ipa's, and Bellwoods / Sawdust city when celebrating or hopelessly trying to impress other beer dorks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    You in the GTA?

For me it's Moosehead or Three Speed as the daily drivers, mixed with core Great Lakes stuff plus some of their big ipa's, and Bellwoods / Sawdust city when celebrating or hopelessly trying to impress other beer dorks.
    What do you drink when sitting in your yard, perfectly calmly like a total badass, as car parts explode around you?

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    What do you drink when sitting in your yard, perfectly calmly like a total badass, as car parts explode around you?
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=lug+t...qRb5spXlMvj2uM

What's your go-to Beer?

Name:  IMG_1284.JPG
Views: 237
Size:  30.6 KB

Oh wait....
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    You in the GTA?

Send me all your Great Lakes.

Please.
    I still call it The Jake.

A few years ago I bought a coupla 12ers of Hamms. I don't know what prompted me to do so, but I did. Perhaps it was an attempt to regain a sense of those devil-may-care college years where any beer that was less than $10 a 12er was what we drank.

Hamm's has been my go to for a few months. Drink it out of a Hamm's glass! Reaaly a good beer. I'm not into the craft beers much. And it is better than PBR!

My go to bear is a black bear cuz yanno I not bee rasist.
    watch out for snakes

90 Schilling
    Lots of good beer out there, but 90 is never not awesome.

However many are in a shit ton.