Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    Great bump and for me it is a ni brainer - Bells Two Hearted... Def not my favorite but regardless of event, party, venue or time of year it is a long easy going go to beer that never gets old for me...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    This might be mine as well. Love it. My other option is Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin'.

In the summer, I like German-style hefeweizens, but they're a bit harder to find everywhere. I don't like wheat beers with fruit/citrus nearly as much. Paulaner is my go to, but I have to pick it up at a larger store. My local gas station/liquor store doesn't have it (and because the world sometimes does improve, often has both the Bell's and the Lagunitas). For a while, Yuengling did a German-style hefeweizen that I really liked and was widely available ( and I thought it was a fantastic value), but it seems discontinued now.

Paulaner makes some tasty brews, for a large company. Which brings me to the important part, and can maybe help clear up my Warsteiner issue. Has beer shipping improved? Are folks drinking these "exotic" imports in the US finding them to be fresh? Is it very much dependent, i.e. hit and miss, on the specific supply chain to the specific store? Which distributors are doing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Great Divide Hazy IPA, Odd 13 Superfan Hazy IPA, Ecliptic Phazer Hazy IPA are my everyday gotos.

If I'm in a place where I can only get big brands, I go Cigar City Jai Alai or Ballast Point Sculpin.

If I can get them I would always prefer to drink, all day everyday, Weldworks Juicy bits (which I can often get) or Treehouse (Julius, Doppleganger, Green, etc) (which I can only rarely get.) So those are my gotos if the world of beer acquirement is perfect. Which it often isn't.

Yes, I'm that guy. Life is too short to ski shitty skis, ride shitty bikes, listen to shitty music, or drink shitty beer.
    I'm pretty over the NEIPA trend. Maybe have one every once in a while, but not every day. Shit gets old and wears out your palate, and your gut.

Yes, I'm that guy. Life is too short to ski shitty skis, ride shitty bikes, listen to shitty music, or drink shitty beer.
    x2. If I’m thirsty I’ll drink water. Beer is a treat. No sense growing a beer belly with crappy beer I don’t really enjoy. By the same token, I’m liberal with drain pours. If I open up something that isn’t good or isn’t hitting the spot or isn’t interesting I’ll pour that shit in a second. Not gonna get fat on something I have to choke down.
    focus.

Hot summer days: gin & tonic
    Every other day: Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    http://popicon.life/wp-content/uploa...7/169hamms.jpg

For cheap beer in a can nothing even comes close to touching Hamms.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I could say the same for Utica Club. Not necessarily the greatest but super refreshing and a killer value. I live too far south to get it locally but usually grab a case when I’m in Albany (pretty regularly). Guinness mostly for winter time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I could say the same for Utica Club.
    UC. Good god. Been a long time. Frenemy. And flashbacks...

Never saw UC when I went to school in upstate, feel like I missed out. Saw a lotta Genny

Problem with that statement is that two of those are a matter of taste. And I'm not telling you which two.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Never saw UC when I went to school in upstate, feel like I missed out. Saw a lotta Genny
    Genny is pretty good too. I feel like Genny dominates CNY and UC is more common further north

If we’re talking grocery store beer that you can buy in 12+ packs, Long Trail VT IPA or Founders All Day are easy choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    x2. If I’m thirsty I’ll drink water. Beer is a treat. No sense growing a beer belly with crappy beer I don’t really enjoy. By the same token, I’m liberal with drain pours. If I open up something that isn’t good or isn’t hitting the spot or isn’t interesting I’ll pour that shit in a second. Not gonna get fat on something I have to choke down.
    X2... except I don't drink hard enough to have a daily driver/go-to brew. So my Belly is a Pot belly. munchies directconnection.

""""""""""""""""""""""""
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Some funny and interesting names in here.

FWIW - back when I did pound cans o' brew, it was Carling's Black Label.
    Shotgun that shit with a key and a Camel light between the fingers. LTD right der'.

Friend of a friend has some connections to Rainier Brewing. Got a call from my friend who said Rainier misprinted a bunch of cans and are getting rid of them for cheap. I paid $30 for 5 24 packs of 24 oz cans, so Rainier is about to be my go-to for quite a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    X2... except I don't drink hard enough to have a daily driver/go-to brew.
    When I get the crew back up to your neck of the woods next winter I'm bringing you something to sample in case we get some turns in. Sorry it didn't work out last time. Hope you are healing up.

Bierdstadt Slow Pour Pils.

Only available on tap, but fuck me if it isn't the tits. Luckily you can buy your own kegs for taking to the ski hill.

Name:  30516740_10101501239665500_3896477996340056441_n.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  79.0 KB

When I get the crew back up to your neck of the woods next winter I'm bringing you something to sample in case we get some turns in. Sorry it didn't work out last time. Hope you are healing up.
    Hell yes and Hell yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hey TFT, come over and bring the beer this time!

Pabst Blue Ribbon.

I like good craft brews as much as the next guy, but after a good ride or ski when I'm thristy nothing goes down faster or smoothier. I always feel like I'm wasting a good IPA when I drink it down in a few minutes after a ride. I also can only drink about 4 IPAs in a sitting before I'm over it. I typically prefer a good Pilsner if I'm going to be drinking a mass quantity, but I don't have much brand alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    so Rainier is about to be my go-to for quite a while...
    It does a pretty good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

guinness for 30 years no matter the season, but i probably have a beer every 2 months these years

Sailcat brews a tasty stout

I read the title as What's your go to Bear :P
    baby and polar, of course

and my fav beer is still Alaskan Amber altho it's harder to be the go-to with all the new microbrews replacing Alaskan at the taps
    skid luxury

Heineken.

I’m still upset about the change in bottles.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    Up here in Canada it’s Moosehead for me!
    One of the better mass produced beers IMO. I'm beer snob and I won't refuse a Moorhead.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    So. I grab a 12 of Molson Export every time I am north of the Poutine Curtain. I can take or leave Moosehead. I miss Brador. Fond HS memories, or lack thereof.
    Brador was the beer (really a malt liquor) we used drink with a straw for a cheap buzz back in high school. Used to bring a case of 2-4 to my Albany & Dunkirk NY cousins. They like it.
    Funny how most Buffalo Bills game I've been to I see many locals drink Canadian brand beer. To think Budweiser is the number one brand in Canada. Its all fucked up.

My go to beer is now Millstreet Brewery 100th Meridian Amber lager/
    And Millstreet Brewery Organic Lager
    The organic is great on its own and the 100th Meridian is fantastic with a Burger or Steak
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

We didn't drink Brador in HS for the flavor... Just saying.

Sam Adams Boston Lager is the fallback when I can't decide what else I want. It's just so damned easy to drink...