Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

What's your go-to Beer?

Not necessarily your favorite, just accessible and almost always hits the spot. The beer you buy when nothing else particularly is grabbing your eye and that usually has a spot in your fridge.

Mine is currently Sierra Nevada Torpedo extra IPA. This winter it was founders dirty bastard. Dogfish Indian brown is working it's way in there as well.

What's yours?
    focus.

Tto be honest I pretty much buy a different beer every time I shop. Widmer's KGB Russian Imperial Stout is currently reigning supreme, but its a limited run.
    I thought their offices would be strewn with bunny-fucking and condom dispensers, a veritable enchanted forest of cock shafts and twat mist. - JoeStrummer

In GA it was Oskar Blues' Old Chub. But I haven't seen it in Oregon (haven't been really seeking it out though).

Right now it is New Belgium's 1554.

Hair of the Dog's Adam may be my favorite at the moment.

I'm not a fan of IPAs, and when it gets hot I will shift to lighter beers I'm sure.

This time of year, for the last 4-5, has been sam summer. I tasted it a month ago and it was shitty. Tasted like they messed with it. I have a few depending on where I am drinking but dog 60 or Arrogant bastard are my go to beers I guess. Especially since AB comes in a big bottle at the cafe near my house.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

I just picked up a bottle of AB to get me through these tough times.... Generally, though, that bottle's too damn big for me to handle. I'm a one and done kind of guy.
    focus.

Right now I have a combination of three:

Alaskan Amber
    Breckenridge Brewery Vanilla Porter
    Dundee Honey Brown (the cheap option, also used for cooking)

Summertime around my house is time for mojitos and margaritas, too.

Guinness>Pilsner Urquell>Heineken>Budweiser

Yuengling Lager.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Right now its been Upslope's IPA, Funkwerks Saison, New Belgium's Super Cru.

I also got to try the SAVOR Flowers beer brewed by Jim from Sam Adam and Sam from Dogfish Head yesterday and I was pretty impressed by that.

Phillips Blue Buck or the Dead Frog variety pack (lager, honey lager, pepper lime lager and nut brown ale)

I generally keep a lager and an ale handy just bc one of the two will suit my mood

Because of ease/ability to get cases/12s for semi decent prices (not $9-10/six pack) the following tend the find their way into my fridge a lot:

Stella/Pilsner Urquell on the lager side

Dogfish head 60 min/Troegs Hopback/Sierra Nevada (less so lately since they jacked up the price around me) in the winter the ale slides to the Dogfish India Brown Ale and the Long Trail Double Bag
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

Deschutes Inversion IPA

Session Lager in the summer as a "lawnmower beer." I never drink it in the winter.

red racer's cheaper little brother - shaftebury, for a deal in van at 8.25/6.

pending funding - anything by driftwood, philips, howe sound

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    Deschutes Inversion IPA

Good choice; easy drinking and refreshing on a hot summer deay next to the creek.
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

I used to have Summit Pale Ale on tap at my house; since moving west, and leaving the tap system behind, I go with Dale's Pale Ale or Brew Free or Die! IPA.

I almost always have a bottle of Rare Vos on hand as a "dinner beer", goes great with so many foods. Also Sierra Nevada Kellerweiss when I can get it, Middle Ages SPA, Long Trail BlackBerry Wheat and Middle Ages Swallow Wit as "lawnmower beers", Labbat Blue or Stewart's Mountain Brew (made by Genny) for cheap macro piss, 90 minute when I want to sit down and enjoy a beer, oh god there are so many more. I like to keep a good selection on hand.

it's hard to pick a daily driver, I go in cycles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    Deschutes Inversion IPA

When I am perusing the beer aisle and just want to grab an old standby, I grab this as well or this..nothing fancy but delicious to me:

Bud Light suckas!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    ..... has a spot in your fridge.

What's yours?
    Wow, some rich maggots here drinking the good stuff as a go to beer. I drink all sorts of beers, some mentioned here, like Deschutes, my all time favorite.

But go to beer, cmon...........

Where is the Bud Light, Rainer and Hamms crowd?

Brooklyn Lager.
    Stone IPA.
    Depending on what I feel like, what I'm eating, what the weather is like, if I'm day drinking, if I'm outside, current temperature, position of the moon, etc...

I don't like stouts, cream ales, or wheat/weis.

I refuse to drink anything from coors/molson because of their funding for the Heritage group think tank.

I don't drink coors/budweiser/miller/etc.. If I wanted to drink watered down fermented high fructose corn syrup I would just make it myself.

Dales Pale Ale OR G'Knight

Its fishing season so an ice cold Coor Light or Bud Light straight out of the ice chest with koozie. Nothing better!

cheap: Kokanee
    otherwise: Deschutes Mirror Pond or Black Butte Porter (usually the fridge stays stocked with both).

I hardly ever buy Widmer products, but got a sixer of this (X-114 IPA) on a whim a couple weeks ago and have to say it was delicious.

I never, ever buy macro brews but I won't turn down a free one that's offered.

deschutes mirror pond is pretty much always in the fridge