Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    it's becoming apparent to me, sadly, that i will need pain management for my life for chronic arthritic pain.perhaps the break i had is so wretched because of my age as well as it was, as the dr said "a very very bad break".
    im bordering on being depressed and thankful my very good friend is a shrink.but right now, not thrilled w the pain dr im using-never see him -only see the PA.im weaning down on my own and have done many things to try and make it better.
    sorry i sound like such a downer but that's how i feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bett View Post
    it's becoming apparent to me, sadly, that i will need pain management for my life for chronic arthritic pain.perhaps the break i had is so wretched because of my age as well as it was, as the dr said "a very very bad break".
    im bordering on being depressed and thankful my very good friend is a shrink.but right now, not thrilled w the pain dr im using-never see him -only see the PA.im weaning down on my own and have done many things to try and make it better.
    sorry i sound like such a downer but that's how i feel.
    I completely understand - as far as I'm concerned, feel free to vent. For some people, these pilon fractures affect the rest of their lives. I have 2 friends who will never run again because of one, and I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to do a sustained run again (thankfully for me I never like running anyways).

hgh could be very beneficial for major injuries like this. it wasnt readily available for me (or i would've used it) but a ton of pro athletes use it for recovery and healing of bones. it can be very expensive, but i know there are doctors that can prescribe it too