Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MAGGOT DEAL!! - ride lifts all day in June/July for $35!!!

Due to popular demand from you all, Red Lodge Summer Ski-Snowboard Camp will be offering discounted day-tickets to active users/members of TGR forums!!! For $35 dollars you can ski from 9am to 3pm on two high-speed poma lifts that accesses 1000 vertical feet of skiing with a bunch of great terrain options!

For this great offer we ask of our maggot patrons a few things:

1) please bring a printed copy of this offer on the Ski/Snowboard forum (with more to come in the future), that shows your TGR member ID in the corner. In other words, just print out this page for a discounted ticket. - This offer is only being made to folks who can view it on TGR's website, so we've made this request in order to not upset our general public riders that will be paying $45/day.

2) We also ask that our maggot-riders put up TR's on your visit to our remote little ski hill. This way we can get the word out amoung the inter-web users that this place is a rad option for making turns in the summer.
    - As incentive for the later request, we will award the person that puts up the most TRs or puts in the most maggot-ride days with a day ticket for next year's season!!

I know this seems like we're asking a lot, but being such a low-key operation this is the easiest way for us to manage the promo-deals.

This place is owned and operated by true MT-locals (a contractor, student, lawyer, geologist); we are in no way corporate, or have even made money in this ski venture the past seasons we've been open. We all do this because we love sliding on snow in possibly one of the coolest spots in the Northern Rockies.
    Help us keep this place alive and support our ski operation by paying us a visit this year, I guarantee you all will not be disappointed!!!

send it!!

Would you allow me to speedride there? If so, we'll be seeing you soon.

B- you could speedride all over that area, so many options.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Thanks man. I'm not familiar with the area, but it looks like it is mostly above treeline. This could be very good for the SR community as our options are really limited when it comes to lift served.

Blurred - you could probably SR below our lifts all the way down to the lakes and back. Not a lot of room in-bounds for SR, but like Montana skier said - tons of options on the plateau and near the highway to get some speed!!

Can you post a trail map of your area please?

helluva deal. hope to make a trip down this summer.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

When is your closing date?

i think this is the place:
    http://www.rlissc.com/
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Looks like it would be a fun trip. Where is the nearest/best camping?

Blurred - We don't have an official 'trail map'; our lift-access terrain pretty much just falls within a big cirque snowfield in the upper Twin Lakes drainage. Here are a couple of pics I have that shows most of our 'in-bounds'.

This shot is of the area below the lift-access terrain. It is a pretty cool, but mellow, ski down to the Lakes (bring your fly-rod). could be good for SR ridin.?

The lifts will be open until the snow is gone; by the looks of it now I would say our tentative closing date will be in the second week in July, at least till the 4th-weekend.

There is a plethora of good camping off the Beartooth Pass in both directions (Montana or Wyoming). The Montana side has a bunch of camping options off of Rock creek; this way you can still cruise into Red Lodge to get food or visit the local watering holes.

glad you guys are stoked, should be a good season up there

Haha looks pretty rad!

That place looks downright sick! Thanks for the deal! Can I camp in my pop up camper on my truck in your parking lot?

there isn't a "parking lot"...just a pull off at the top of the pass. PLENTY of places to park and camp, but I'd recommend the M&K camping area just off the main road right before you head up the pass from Red Lodge. Go past the fancy spots with the toilet and find a nice spot with a firering right by the creek.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Records View Post
    That place looks downright sick! Thanks for the deal! Can I camp in my pop up camper on my truck in your parking lot?
    only if you pick me up before hand
    i shred the gnar

Mapquest says only 2,132 miles and I could be there in ~33.5 hours.

Very tempting...
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

I've been to red lodge, but it did not look like whats in those pics. pretty sweet little place, maybe it was because there was hardly any snow

edit: I see now. red lodge mountain and red lodge ski camp are 2 completely different things

Stoked to check that place out shortly, for the next week or Two it'll be sessioning the JH slackcountry off the tram. I'm kinda (for out west, but still a drive) close by working/living at Lake Hotel (by Yellowstone Lake) in Yellowstone Nat'l Park this summer, then back to JH this fall/winter. Never been to Beartooth but heard lots of sweet things about it.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

5 hours-ish from Jackson to Billings. Early season in the park and you could possibly do it in less time just going thru the park...always a crap shoot however.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Im so stoked for this summer!

I wanna go. Who's in? My friends are teh ghey so they probably won't come.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

bump.... for obvious reasons

Just talked to one of the guys who works up there. Said they're still digging the lifts out, and just need to do safety checks on them, so they should have them spinning around the 8th. Said there's just gobs of snow up there. As of today, the pass IS open up to around the Wyoming border. Damn, I wish I had skins, AT gear, and better boots. I might end up biking down lower after I get sick of hiking for a couple turns in my crappy alpine boots. I'll be heading up there tomorrow for some boot packed goodness and maybe biking if anyone wants a free ride.

ON3P is running a demo on June 25 and 26 and offering a 50% discount on a pair of next years skis to the maggot who writes the best trip report while we are out there. Winner chosen by the ski area. More details soon!

^^ Austin you don't need AT gear to ski the rock creek headwall. Park at the border and skate out with someone who's been there before and enjoy some steep skiing back to the second hairpin turn, hitchhike and repeat.

Imp my calendar is marked!!