Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I'm ok with this... (grin)
    imz-design
    industrial design • new product development
    http://www.imz-design.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyPilot View Post
    Ok what would this mean in the grand scheme of things? It isn't like you can just snap your fingers and connect the two mountains, it isn't that easy. Whitewolf isn't exactly easy to get to from Alpine and if you drop off of KT into Whitewolf then what? I guess you could hitchhike up the road to the Alpine parking lot. I'm pretty sure the area between Sun Bowl and Estelle Ridge is Wilderness Area, and if it isn't would require a lift or two to get from area to the other.

Plus, Alpine is selling the Alpine+Homewood+Kirkwood pass for this year. Going to have to operated as two separate areas for at least this year, then we will see.
    I know we probably won't see much impact this year, but I intend to ski Alpine until I die. And if not via Whitewolf, what is the possibility of them connecting somehow to the backside of Headwall/Sun Bowl? And while we're continuing to speculate, will Squaw change Alpine's boundary policy?
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

There was no discernible buzz about this on Friday at the TGR One for The Road screening @ AM...then again the bass was turned up so loud it pretty much drowned out everything else.

PS
    Last season when Vail purchased NS they kept Sierra @ Tahoe as part of the pass for folks who had already purchased their season passes prior to the acquisition. I'm sure they will suss something similar out if/when they make the deal official.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Very excited for tomorrows email. I have had this dream since I was 4 years old!
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    There was no discernible buzz about this on Friday at the TGR One for The Road screening @ AM
    Then you weren't listening to the right people, dook.
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    I know we probably won't see much impact this year, but I intend to ski Alpine until I die. And if not via Whitewolf, what is the possibility of them connecting somehow to the backside of Headwall/Sun Bowl? And while we're continuing to speculate, will Squaw change Alpine's boundary policy?
    i thought we were also supposed to be hearing something about squaw's boundary policy moving more towards what alpine has soon anyway.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

What does this mean for my season pass for Whitewolf?

There was no discernible buzz about this on Friday at the TGR One for The Road screening @ AM...then again the bass was turned up so loud it pretty much drowned out everything else.
    But the odd thing i did notice was that there was a discernable lack of staff there. Some of the chiefs who normally would have made an appearance were not around at all. We have already figured out that Hoopie hates skiing, so no surprises there...but others from sales and marketing were conspicuously absent.

Rachel Woods was there, but seemingly not in any official capacity. She was "off duty" for sure. It was kind of weird...
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

pray for an open gate policy. like JH, not snowbird.
    mmmm, snow

Hopefully Squaw and Alpine can keep their respective vibes. Both good mountains with something a little different to offer. It'd be a shame if either morphed into something completely different. Would hate to see summit lines mirror KT...Here's to hoping KSL can improve the Alpine side of things rather than screw it up.

ALPINE MEADOWS, DON'T GO A-CHANGIN!
    .))
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Hopefully Squaw and Alpine can keep their respective vibes. Both good mountains with something a little different to offer. It'd be a shame if either morphed into something completely different. Would hate to see summit lines mirror KT...Here's to hoping KSL can improve the Alpine side of things rather than screw it up.
    eventually, ksl will realize the benefits of an open bc policy. i mean how hard is it to realize that you can placate your biggest detractors while simultaneously having them provide pictures and video of untracked lines attributed to your resort while they stay out of your crowded lift mazes for extended periods skiing stuff you didn't have to control nor are responsible for legally. you can even go heavenly's route and keep other stuff closed on storm days knowing folks will be happy with firebreak.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

So JMA sells Alpine and shells out $70million with the York Family to buy Six Flags Great America (Santa Clara).

Wow that was painless. Joint pass for all who already have passes, $439 for a new joint pass.

From Alpine:
    Dear Valued Guest:

On behalf of Todd Chapman, President and CEO of JMA Ventures, and myself we are excited to announce that Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows are combining operations. Now, on one ticket or season pass, our guests will have access to an unmatched variety of terrain and on mountain experiences.

Effective immediately, both resorts can be accessed with the new Tahoe Super Pass. The Tahoe Super Pass creates more opportunities for the exploration, discovery, and adventure that guests of both mountains crave. To make it easy to access all of this great terreain we'll be providing a regular daily shuttle between them.

All of those who have already purchased an Alpine Meadows or Squaw Valley season pass will automatically have access to the other resort, while new passholders can purchase the Tahoe Super Pass for just $439 for an adult season pass. Get the details on the new season pass here.

The idea of combining Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows did not originate with either of us. It was on a spectacular California bluebird day when I happened to be riding a chairlift with Todd Chapman that the actual transaction originated. We were talking about what an amazing winter we were all enjoying and lamenting that we didn't have more time to get out and enjoy the snow.

As the chairlift ride came to an end the talk turned to the obvious concerning our two mountain resorts. In the end, this was an effort forged in a passion for the mountains, snow, skiing, and riding. I'm honored to lead the new company that has been formed as its President and CEO.

I know I'm not the only one who is looking forward to skiing both resorts with one pass. Our customer research showed that the number one choice of Squaw Valley skiers and riders, when not skiing or riding Squaw, is Alpine Meadows. The number one resort frequented by Alpine Meadows customers, after Alpine, is Squaw. It’s not surprising since both resorts offer incredible terrain and breathtaking natural beauty.

We are truly thrilled to be making this announcement today and hope you will join us in celebrating as, together, we make history.
    From Squaw:
    Dear Season Passholders:

Today we are excited to announce something that season passholders have long dreamed about. Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows are combining operations. Now, with the 2011-12 season pass you purchased for Squaw Valley, you can also ski and ride Alpine Meadows.

If you know someone who still needs to buy a pass, tell them about the Tahoe Super Pass. It's a tremendous value starting at $439 for both resorts. Additionally, those who purchased Alpine Meadows passes will be able to ski and ride Squaw Valley with their Alpine Pass. To make it easy to access both mountains we'll be providing a regular daily shuttle between them.

Like many of you, I have stood at the top of KT-22 and looked at Alpine Meadows thinking how incredible it would be if the two resorts were combined. The idea of combining Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows is a long time coming, but the actual transaction originated, very fittingly, on a chairlift.

It was on a spectacular California bluebird day when I happened to be riding a chairlift with Todd Chapman, President and CEO of JMA (the owners of Alpine Meadows). We were talking about what an amazing winter we were all enjoying and lamenting that we didn't have more time to get out and enjoy the snow.

As the chairlift ride came to an end the talk turned to the obvious concerning our two mountain resorts. In the end, this was an effort forged in a passion for the mountains, snow, skiing, and riding. I'm honored to lead the new company that has been formed as its President and CEO.

I know I'm not the only one who is looking forward to skiing both resorts with one pass. Our customer research showed that the number one choice of Squaw Valley skiers and riders, when not skiing or riding Squaw, is Alpine Meadows. The number one resort frequented by Alpine Meadows customers, after Alpine, is Squaw. It’s not surprising since both resorts offer incredible terrain and breathtaking natural beauty.

I am truly thrilled to be making this announcement today and hope you will join me in celebrating as, together, we make history.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Gee, what a warm and fuzzy email.

What a load of fetid dingo's kidneys. I am curious how this will affect prices, but it seems those who bought AM passes vs. SV passes came out a head.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Gee, what a warm and fuzzy email.

What a load of fetid dingo's kidneys. I am curious how this will affect prices, but it seems those who bought AM passes vs. SV passes came out a head.
    Exactly, AM pass holders hit the lottery on this one. Now my fear is the lines at KT on storm days when Alpine shuts down, which is all the time. Time to start spending more time in the B.C.

Reading through the FAQ and all of the pass options and stipulations makes my head hurt. I just want to go ski.

so let me get this straight..... i can ski squallywood, and shredows for four years..... or jackson for one.........

Only thing that kinda blows........If you bought the Alpine+Kwood pass before today, its also good at Squaw, but now.......not so much. I was thinkin bout it yesterday but didn't pull the trig. $800 for Alpine, Squaw, Kwood and Homewood is pretty solid.

See you guys at Kirkwood.
    .))
    .))

I only gave both the AM and Squaw emails a cursory glance, but I didn't see/missed anything about:

1. If Homewood stays on the pass for this season
    2. What to do if you purchased both a Squaw and Alpine Pass (i.e. they didn't include a mention about refunds).

@GrumpyPilot: It has been my experience that when AM is closed due to a storm, so, too, usually, is Squaw...which is why having HW on the ticket was always clutch.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

SAW IT ON THE TICKER THIS MORNING.....

FUCKING LAME ASS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LEAVE ALPINE THE FUCK ALONE!!!!!!!!!
    “83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

"
    The idea of combining Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows did not originate with either of us. It was on a spectacular California bluebird day when I happened to be riding a chairlift with Todd Chapman that the actual transaction originated. We were talking about what an amazing winter we were all enjoying and lamenting that we didn't have more time to get out and enjoy the snow.

As the chairlift ride came to an end the talk turned to the obvious concerning our two mountain resorts. In the end, this was an effort forged in a passion for the mountains, snow, skiing, and riding. I'm honored to lead the new company that has been formed as its President and CEO."

Dear 2 greedy bastards,

FUCK OFF!

“83.2% of people make up their own statistics.”—Unknown

I only gave both the AM and Squaw emails a cursory glance, but I didn't see/missed anything about:

1. If Homewood stays on the pass for this season
    The FAQ is more useful than the emails:

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    2. Is my Alpine Meadows pass also valid at Homewood and Kirkwood?

If your pass was purchased prior to September 27, 2011 and it included Homewood and Kirkwood ski privileges, yes, your pass will be valid at those resorts. Tahoe Super Passes are not valid at Homewood or Kirkwood.

3. Is my 2011-12 Squaw Pass also valid at Homewood and Kirkwood?

Any pass purchased at Squaw Valley is now also valid at Alpine Meadows, but does not include ski privileges at Homewood or Kirkwood.
    2. What to do if you purchased both a Squaw and Alpine Pass (i.e. they didn't include a mention about refunds).
    Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    25. If I have purchased both a Squaw and an Alpine Meadows pass for the 2011-12 season, can I get a refund for one of them?

Yes, we will refund the lower priced of the two products.
    not counting days 2016-17