App for managing brightness on the iPhone

My iPhone does many things.

I rely upon it, it serves me well.

I'm startled by the energy it uses and find myself constantly adjusting screen brightness to preverve battery life. It would be nice to have an application that would make it easy to easily adjust brightness.

On a side note, I'm exploring solar options that will allow me to take my iPhone off the power grid. That's a fun summer goal.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Jailbreak > sbsettings
    focus.

Actually, for power management, sbsettings is useful for a lot more than just screen brightness. It also let's you turn on and off gps, wifi, 3G, data, Bluetooth, and more on the fly.
    focus.

SBsettings is something that Apple consistently drop the ball on - I can get by without the other jailbreak stuff, but no sbsettings is way too frustrating.

I thought I had a million dollar idea for some kinda app that would actually make the phone brighter so it can double up as a flashlight/signal. I think something's out there already for that.
    Silent....but shredly.

3rd vote for SB Settings for quick toggles. I think there's also a jailbreak app just for brightness.

The jb flashlight maxes out the brightness, then kicks it off again when you exit the app. Sbsettings and lockinfo are the two reasons I screw around with jailbreak. Nothing else is really too big a deal, maybe user agent faker... 5x5, activator and infinidock are nice too, but not worth the trouble on their own.
    focus.