Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

TC gets tea bagged

"terminal cancer" was ascended by a couple of sledders... Looks like they helicoptered the sleds off the top of it. There is a video somewhere...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4324.jpg 
Views:	901 
Size:	386.4 KB 
ID:	97421  

and now the chute is fucked for shredding w a huge rut in the middle? lame i say!
    stay outta my line

yup. about as cool as VD
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Why all the hate? Is this any different from passing someone on the skin track and snakeing their line? The BC is first come first serve.

Quote Originally Posted by tobytortorelli View Post
    There is a video somewhere...
    can't wait to watch it.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    Why all the hate? Is this any different from passing someone on the skin track and snakeing their line? The BC is first come first serve.
    if you're on a sled, is it really backcountry?

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Yes. Go luck getting it out of there if shit goes down.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I fail to see how the method of transportation changes the definition of backcountry.

Not to mention those guys floating around in those whirlybirds.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

That is truly incredible, seriously, if they can pull that off they deserve to. As much as I believe that skiing is superior, i would rather have watched that sled go up it than a shredder go down.

Sweet. Lamoille canyon and tc were getting too popular anyway. Now maybe the local folks will be forced to push some lines further in. What a funny progression from Mclean posting a TR to a sledneck ripping it.

Ah, sweet bc.

"Sometimes nuthin' is a real cool hand"

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    I fail to see how the method of transportation changes the definition of backcountry.
    i don't mean if you got there on a sled, i mean if you are on a sled. you know. with the stench of the two stroke and the roar of the engine. that's not fucking backcountry!

and to answer you're question, yes. for instance, roads change the definition of backcountry. snowmobiles replace roads.

I´m a snowmobile Jong, so someone please enlighten me as to where the skill lies in this.

Huge engine, light sled, long track and just throttle it? I see some skill in being able to stop as he did, but the other stuff?
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

honestly i don't have too much of a problem with them. not a fan in this instance, but so what.
    it takes pretty giant skills and balls. and if you think it's getting to the top w/o work you don't understand the expense.

still. not ride down it?

Somebody had to show the French how to get her done!
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    I´m a snowmobile Jong, so someone please enlighten me as to where the skill lies in this.

Huge engine, light sled, long track and just throttle it? I see some skill in being able to stop as he did, but the other stuff?
    Imagine trying to pin down a 500lbs. silverback gorilla and keep him from bucking you off into jagged rock walls while someone drives a red hot poker up his ass. Thats probably the amount of effort it takes to get a sled up a steep ass chewed up rutted runneled butthole puckering death chute. Aside from that its a real head trip getting yourself to commit to a climb like that, its not like booting.

I don't care about them riding up it... but feel that if they ride up they should find their own way down. The helicopter feels like...well... a "cop"-out to me.

And that's just from an uneducated perspective on snowmobiling. My opinion comes merely by adhering to the aesthetics of outdoor recreation.

I don't consider it ballsy till they commit to getting their asses out without a chopper...

It's kind of like the lines that Shane skied with a 'chute. No one skied them before the chute arrived as a ski tool because they were impossible. Once Shane et. al. started to introduce a chute to the mix, and skiing right off the cliff outs... then it got awesome.

Same aesthetic applies here (I think)...

carry on

note well: i'm not saying it's not hard or scary to go up... i'm just saying it's like an unfinished project in my mind until they get down it too.
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

W/ fuel and oil those two sleds (Yammys) are probably closer to 600 lbs. They probably cost close to $25k. Like a lot of the cool shit that people do on skis, as much as skill it takes big swingers to commit to that kind of a line. If you freak in the middle and try to bail, you'll be the star of an internet video entitled "Unreal sled fail!" and do thousands in damage to your sled.

edit: Heli is no cop-out. Riding down shit like that on a sled wouldn't be worth the risk. Sleds are hard enough to control under power, when your only control is braking (which won't do much on that steep a line) you have barely any effect on the direction of a sled. Thats like saying its a cop out every time someone gets dropped on top of a spine wall in AK. Sure you could climb it, but you'd probably die in sluff-alanches or because its hard to climb a 60* spine wall.

Pussies. They really heli'ed them off the hill? Other than that it's a great chute. I guess the picked the right time of year to make for a mandatory reset on the corn....cuz that rut is not your friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Why didn't they just air it the fuck out at the top onto the other side instead of just stopping? That would've been a way cooler finish to climbing that couloir.

Common theme. People who don't brap always armchairing. Riding down that would be a zero control endeavor that would guarantee the sleds getting absolutely totaled. Brakes on something that steep are useless.

One of the few times I agree with loon.

People also seem to forget that when you fail at an attempt like this coolie, it will cost you thousands of dollars and hours of work to get the thing out and repaired.

That is crazy. How steep is that line at the top? Doesn't look too steep, but hard to tell.

I don't know why people would be butthurt about it. Those dudes are putting 25k on the line if they fuck up. That obviously takes a ton of skill to ride that. Also funny that the skiers all stick to that line like lemmings when there appears to be a ton of other cool shit to ski in the immediate area. Like the face right next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    Why didn't they just air it the fuck out at the top onto the other side instead of just stopping? That would've been a way cooler finish to climbing that couloir.
    Fuck yeah. Thats what I was thinking. But I'm not a sledder. If anyone wants to donate a sled, I'd happily become one, though.