Pow surfing for the win!!!

You have no idea how happy it makes me to see this video. It seems as though snowboarding/snowboarders are starting to wake up from their X-Games/Shawn White hangovers. Its about damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Sweet! That makes snowboarding look fun, I wanna play.

sure looks fun but I feel like I'm missing something here? Is it supposed to be more fun than 'normal' snowboarding? Seems like a bunch of Rob Machado/Dave Rastovich wannabes riding powder less effectively than they would on a more conventional craft...
    Today ridicule, tomorrow really cool.

http://www.left-collective.com/
    FOLLOW YOUR OWN WAY

pretty cool shapes, but ya its just regular snowboarding. You gotta hack the shackles if you really want to surf the pow, it's a completely different ride.

well yeah

I hear ya on the "riding less effective" weapons point of view, but that's the whole point. Find a different feeling, maybe learn something new about design/board shape.
    The giant board looked amazing! I want to see a bigger one

I thought that video was awesome. Really soulfull riding in the first segment. I want to see a bigger board also. How big can it go? What about a giant 10'x5' board on a huge Alaskan face???

doughboyshredder Guest
    cool shapes, and it looks like they're having fun.

But, 30-35 degree slopes with fresh pow, cutting cornices, riding in groups of 6, etc... and not a shovel in sight, is pretty fucking stupid.

I like how the guy saying he was burnt out on filming and was saying to himself "...like why am I doing this." Like fuck you.
    LET IT SNOW

That looked fun.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    cool shapes, and it looks like they're having fun.

But, 30-35 degree slopes with fresh pow, cutting cornices, riding in groups of 6, etc... and not a shovel in sight, is pretty fucking stupid.
    Dude, its Tahoe....Don't you know things NEVER slide in Tahoe bruh.
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Just wanted to be the first to say that fat snowboards will never catch on.

So, Tahoe, that´s the Williamsburg of california, right?
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Just wanted to be the first to say that fat snowboards will never catch on.
    Probably not with the Breck park-rat masses; but after watching this I kinda wanna shape my own pow-stick. Probably not quite as big as the shapes they're running, but similar. But then again, I'm a geek like that. Looked like fun to me. As someone said earlier, its not about designing a truly effective rip-stick; more about finding a different feel underfoot.
    the-one-track-mind