Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wind chimes.

Wind chimes.

If you have them and live in close proximity to your neighbors (ie, your porch is attached) go fucking hang yourself and get it over with.

These ass-faces that moved in next door love their wind chimes. We are up on the top floor and with taller buildings we are in, basically, a constant wind-tunnel. So now, With the weather nice all my windows are open and I have to hear this bullshit all day/night long.

So what's the deal with these things? Does anyone find their "sound" soothing? Because the only sound that chaps my ass more is the fucking birds cackling all morning long or maybe the drunkards fighting around midday.

Seriously, I don't get it. And maybe i could understand one chime but 3+ all different tunes are pretty goddamn obnoxious.

[/lame blog]

Fuck wind chimes. What's wrong with just hearing the wind?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Fuck wind chimes. What's wrong with just hearing the wind?
    Seriously! Laying in bed with a whipping cool spring breeze is outstanding! Then having it broken up by that sound just ruins the ambiance!

is this really you r biggest problem?
    lucky fuck

Gonna have to agree, hate wind chimes.

Advres, for reference, would you say that wind chimes are more or less annoying than serving Menace at the Moose?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    Gonna have to agree, hate wind chimes.

Advres, for reference, would you say that wind chimes are more or less annoying than serving Menace at the Moose?
    I had managed to forget about Menace over the last couple of years. Thanks for bringing it all back. I could deal with him by himself. When it happened to be him, Stump (when he "graced" us with this presence) and Micah they were an uncontrollable mess.

My funniest moment was working down in the belly and having menace coming back from SA telling me about how he wanted to buy a vinyard down there but was having problems with his "baby momma". Ohh the idiosyncrasies of of the Hole rift-raft.

Wind chimes fall down all the time. Just saying....
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    the only sound that chaps my ass more is the fucking birds cackling all morning long
    Fucking birds.
    Life is not lift served.

Bad windchimes= annoying as fuck

Good windchimes= great in limited doses

Things like this are why I strive to never have neighbors or be as far from them as possible. I would get pissed off too if there were shitty, out of tune windchimes going close enough to my bedroom for me to hear them, yet I would like to occasionally put my own set of windchimes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

The parents have some very large wind chimes at their place. They make nice long bass tone sounds in the wind. They're about ~4ft long and pretty wide. I enjoy them, but I do hate those little piddly ones that look like chopsticks. Eff them, they're annoying.

advres is the whiniest fuck that has ever graced these boards.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    What about Gameface?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Get a tree-branch trimmer, reach over, snip. No more problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    is this really you r biggest problem?
    lucky fuck
    Hey now Mr Snippy!

It sure it isn't easy writing his butthurtblog.com every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

gunit130 Guest
    gamevres - just go Seal Team Six on 'em and rip the fuckers down around 4am.

I used to have a fkn sweet dead hooker windchime but the fuckin pussy neighbors complained. Wait, where do you live again?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

I have some ski pole wind chimes and the wind blows here more than most places. I put them pretty far from my bedroom and live in a brick house so I never hear them.

Hugh Conway Guest
    use the bones of the hookers you've killed and buried in your basement as your own windchimes

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    You think he is worse than Doughboy? It would be a tough competition to see who is the whiniest!!
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    What about Gameface?

Hates birds, hates wind chimes, probably hates the sound of children's laughter playing the park...are you sure you are not the bitter, fat, mean old lady who lives next door to me?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Hmm...the unabomber had a shack off the grid in the wilderness. Wonder if they burned it down or if that's up for grabs for you guys who can't stand the sounds of normal living! If you had to live in my house you probably would commit homicide. I have tenants who scream at football on tv, crank the stereo, the chick's got a cackle you can hear 3 states away, and their dog barks anytime a mouse farts for chrissakes. And I suck it up. Windchimes?? ya gotta be kidding me!

Grip up ya fuckin' nancies!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Chimes? Wtf
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    Hmm...the unabomber had a shack off the grid in the wilderness. Wonder if they burned it down or if that's up for grabs for you guys who can't stand the sounds of normal living! If you had to live in my house you probably would commit homicide. I have tenants who scream at football on tv, crank the stereo, the chick's got a cackle you can hear 3 states away, and their dog barks anytime a mouse farts for chrissakes. And I suck it up. Windchimes?? ya gotta be kidding me!

Grip up ya fuckin' nancies!

Sprite
    One of Spritie's best posts. I miss her around here.

She's gone, but we are still stuck with advres, and he is still a "fuckin' Nancy ".

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I skied with sprite and early wood a long time ago.

Really cool peeps.

Hope they are well irl.
    . . .