Solo P&S TR: Whatcom I presume.

I had been eye balling this ride on the map for some time, and now that Galbraith is staying open for at least the near future, I decided it was time to go explore some other locals.

After a ride up the dirt road it started out pretty chill with some nice single track.

Things started changing pretty quick. Not sure how I am going to ride up this.

After a couple attempts hitting my pedals more than I would like to admit, I managed to get through this. I decided going over it was the answer.

I hate when you make me pose for pictures.

Some tight squeezes, those bars are pretty narrow by todays standards.

Not a bad view to east.

Im sure one of you could have cleaned this. I got wedged between some roots up top and was pretty thankful for it.(you start on the upper left)

Little bit better view to the west

There was a couple hundred foot hike a bike in the middle of this ride that for some reason I rather enjoyed. I felt pretty core hiking up the steep rocky terrain with my bike on my shoulder. Lots of technical up and downs which really made me yearn for a dropper post. I was so focused on not hitting my pedals half the time I could barely remember to shift, so who knows if I would have even hit the lever. Also I need to get much better at riding flats, spent so much time on clips that I am not use to the big body getting in the way of things. I forgot how fun slow techy downs can be.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

2nd pic looks like Yoda should live around there, and nice view at the finish
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

Is that last picture from the ridge trail? I really need to get down there more often

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    Is that last picture from the ridge trail? I really need to get down there more often
    wrong mountain....ridge is on galby, those pics are from chukanut

Damn I wish I had a bike when I lived up there. I think I hiked that trail a few times. Nice pics, thnks

Quote Originally Posted by DirkaDirkaJack View Post
    wrong mountain....ridge is on galby, those pics are from chukanut
    I meant the chuckanut ridge trail right off the interurban. That view of Portage Bay and Lummi would have to be from the chucanut's

awesome shots man, i havent been up in the chuckanuts in awhile

nice. hike-a-bike must've been the full cknut ridge. dbd, cknt ridge, lower salal to arroyo is a great ride.
    sure do miss Bham...
    thanks for the stoke.

I also enjoy that hike-a-bike for some reason. The trails out there are running so good this season.
    smoke crack and worship satan

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate View Post
    I also enjoy that hike-a-bike for some reason. The trails out there are running so good this season.
    probably because it allows you to drink more of that beer you have in the cabinet. we need to get back out there again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkin View Post
    probably because it allows you to drink more of that beer you have in the cabinet. we need to get back out there again soon.
    We didn't ride that section last time
    smoke crack and worship satan