Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    The irony is not wasted on me.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I think it's safe to say that the average gas station attendant is less competent to pump gas than the average driver. Even in Oregon.
    Have you been to rural Oregon lately? Especially areas with large retiree populations?
    Most pump attendants are ex-cons

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Have you been to rural Oregon lately? Especially areas with large retiree populations?
    Most pump attendants are ex-cons
    nope. But we once drove up the Oregon coast and were surprised by the number of tiny towns that had stop lights. After a while we figured out the the stop lights were there to give the drivers a chance to rest on their way through town. And I once got a ticket in Gold Beach for going 35 in a school zone. On a Saturday.

Well just imagine all those people who needed to rest at stop lights operating a gas pump

I also got a ticket going through Gold Beach. I was going about 85, at night, but not in a school zone

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Can you pump your own gas yet?
    Yes, if you live in a county under 40k population.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Leos are all about the low hanging fruit.
    watch out for snakes

Yeah, its pretty funny how he does it.

Doodr must have some stuntman in him.
    watch out for snakes

That is hilarious. The best part is him running into a police car parked in the bike lane at the end. Agree on the stuntman and cop is a major league douche.

Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    I'd agree, riding a motorcycle for several years made me very aware of what was going on around me, but there's still the dumb ass out there who thinks he can make it before you get there. Still freaks me out when I see somebody doing a slow roll up to a stop sign on a bike. Had a guy just yesterday cross in front of me on a stretch of 50 MPH road on a bike without a whole hell of a lot of safety margin.
    BUTTSECS!

buttsecs can be safe young man

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    For cyclists who actually follow laws, this is great. Won’t impact drivers and it’s a bit easier on cyclists. For cyclists who don’t follow the rules, they probably were not stopping before the change. The Idaho stop only changes stop lights and signs when another vehicle DOES NOT have the right of way. If there’s another vehicle, cyclists are supposed to stop. And really, depending on written law versus self preservation, I see some good weeding out being accomplished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    He was trying to make a Mormon joke.

Stop signs are yields. Stop lights are stop signs. Basically, if it’s safe to go, go. Pretty common sense really.
    just a point of clarification

stop lights are still not ok to roll through...gotta stop & then can right-on-red
    a flashing red or a stop sign are what are modified in the OR law

Yeah, I meant bikes treat lights like cars treat stop signs. I wasn’t too clear.

if anyone has a problem with the idaho/oregon stop, I wonder if they've ever actually ridden a bike on a city/town street. it's just common sense. we need wyoming to adopt the rules now too, because my local cops have occasionally ticketed bikers "for our safety".

I sometimes see assholes run stop signs when cars have the right of way. it's illegal under the idaho stop rules and it's a great way to risk injury or death. i'd hope a cop would ticket them if they saw it. but it hurts no one if that cyclist looks around, observes that no cars have the right of way, and safely rolls through the 4-way stop, thus preserving momentum and efficiently commuting by human power. the fact that you can get a ticket for rolling through an empty intersection in most states is mind boggling, and it's weird how many seemingly rational people get triggered and irrational by the thought of bikers running stop signs.

while biking, I always stop and yield to cars who have the right of way, and I actually get pretty annoyed when wannabe nice people in cars try to yield to me when it's clearly their turn and when my feet are down, waiting for them to promptly proceed. I don't want to misinterpret their intention and get smoked by them or another car. just go. let me follow the law, please. you're not saving me any time and you're fucking up the flow for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by LesterSmoove View Post
    if anyone has a problem with the idaho/oregon stop, I wonder if they've ever actually ridden a bike on a city/town street. it's just common sense. we need wyoming to adopt the rules now too, because my local cops have occasionally ticketed bikers "for our safety".

I sometimes see assholes run stop signs when cars have the right of way. it's illegal under the idaho stop rules and it's a great way to risk injury or death. i'd hope a cop would ticket them if they saw it. but it hurts no one if that cyclist looks around, observes that no cars have the right of way, and safely rolls through the 4-way stop, thus preserving momentum and efficiently commuting by human power. the fact that you can get a ticket for rolling through an empty intersection in most states is mind boggling, and it's weird how many seemingly rational people get triggered and irrational by the thought of bikers running stop signs.

while biking, I always stop and yield to cars who have the right of way, and I actually get pretty annoyed when wannabe nice people in cars try to yield to me when it's clearly their turn and when my feet are down, waiting for them to promptly proceed. I don't want to misinterpret their intention and get smoked by them or another car. just go. let me follow the law, please. you're not saving me any time and you're fucking up the flow for everyone.
    Agree about the niceholes. Biking (and life in general) is easier when everyone follows the rules so that they are predictable.