Capture Camera Clip System

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ra-clip-system

My friend found this on wimp.com. Seems like an interesting product concept. It just so happens that I was shopping for a camera harness. But, I don't think it's worth my $50 pledge. Maybe $30, $35 max. The bike/roof rack attachment seems interesting (in the near future), as well. Seems great for casual shooting and attaching to pack straps for hiking.

That was such a touching story at the beginning. I almost cried!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

About a year or two ago, I was talking to a guy that was shooting some event at my work and he was using a prototype of a similar contraption. Said that him and another guy started a company and would be selling them soon, still haven't seen his product come to market.

The guy I was talking to's product consisted of post with a ball on the end that screwed into the camera and a holster with a small track that the post slid into. Seems like a great idea for a wedding photog or somebody else needing quick access to multiple bodies and no intentions of using a tripod. Otherwise it seems a bit clunky and limiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

The guy has made 10x what he was originally asking for. I don't think anyone needs to pledge, unless you want the discount.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    About a year or two ago, I was talking to a guy that was shooting some event at my work and he was using a prototype of a similar contraption. Said that him and another guy started a company and would be selling them soon, still haven't seen his product come to market.

The guy I was talking to's product consisted of post with a ball on the end that screwed into the camera and a holster with a small track that the post slid into. Seems like a great idea for a wedding photog or somebody else needing quick access to multiple bodies and no intentions of using a tripod. Otherwise it seems a bit clunky and limiting.
    You mean this: http://www.spiderholster.com/ ?