Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    That was great. Ranks up there with the pov of the guy getting run over after he ghost rides the sled.

Pretty new to the snowmobiles and not much of a high marker but I hate when sled gets away on a slope. Especially after the first roll or two when the the flimsy plastic hood flies open and there is nothing you can do.

Maybe his buddies should have told him about the purpose of the goal markers

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Because it's his baby worth thousands of dollars? So he wouldn't have to walk down to get it? To prevent more damage which may prevent it from starting?
    You sound like the genius on the sled. It was already FUBAR. It slammed into a fucking rock wall and you're suggesting the last few slow rolls in the apron would have been the ones to do the $ damage and keep it from starting? Also, clearly the guy has superhero glissading skillz, so he wouldn't having been walking down.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
    Gotta love the armchair quarterbacking sled JONGS in this thread.
    Easy now, at least half of those cubical jockeys have done the snowmobile ride at Adventure Ridge.

BTW, you guys did notice the dude was riding in some kind of comp since the cornice was cut away and marked with bamboo, so it's not like that chute was unrideable. He just fucked up at the top when it looks like he may have gotten bucked by a rut from a previous rider.

As for trying to catch the sled- it's not impossible, that's why that guy in the red at the end of the video was on the hill, and what Blurred said.

Disclamer: I am not a licensed sledneck. I do not currently own a sled and I have not owned one in the past, but I've ridden more then once:

# # #

"...You must be a big skier then." I said "no, I'm a petite size 2." Awkward silence.... - Parvo

Heard Hugh lost a testy in the tram line at Kitzbühel via altercation with the local monoboard team circa '93. Has been bitter about game theory since.- Klauss

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSkidmark View Post
    You sound like the genius on the sled. It was already FUBAR. It slammed into a fucking rock wall and you're suggesting the last few slow rolls in the apron would have been the ones to do the $ damage and keep it from starting? Also, clearly the guy has superhero glissading skillz, so he wouldn't having been walking down.
    "Slamming into the rock wall" probably only fucked up the A-arm at best....but yeah...next time your sled goes rolling past you...don't do a thing. Just stand there with your dick in your hand and watch it beater by.

I'm guessing that's protocol for everything in life with you and the rest of the QB's here.
    Follow me on Instagram

brett.mcnary

Video from the top. Fast forward to about 40 seconds but watch the guys at the end

Approx 1:10 is awesome. Dudes just hurl themselves down.
    Life is not lift served.

Does no one have an ice axe? And they just jump down the coulie after him? WTF? Wow, lots of darwin awards right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    Approx 1:10 is awesome. Dudes just hurl themselves down.
    Lemmings.....

yeah whatever, ass sliding down couloirs without skis in the way looks fucking fun!

I bet I could steer by learning to flex either ass cheek
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I'm happy to see people writing their own rules. They can do what they want in that chute, and they sure as hell don't need somebody like me approving or disapproving.
    Life is not lift served.

I would be so terrified of hitting a rock wall at 60km/h after just diving into a couloir like that. Kinda weak hooking setup at the top for such a gnarly exit. Guys are crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

Sisimiut, Greenland looks pretty sweet. Looks like they were having a party up there. Some of the other vids on You Tube from there show the same area.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    anyone that hasn't ridden a sled has nothing to say about this shit. Just attempting that was straight up sick. You guys do realize that just turning is hard on one of those things right?
    Attempting to ride that coolie was pretty cool. Thinking he could stop that sled from rolling down was retarded. And turning on a sled is not really that hard. Gunning it up that chute yeah, but riding around normally, not so much.

So gnarly, I love the freestyle glissade action at mach looney.

Quote Originally Posted by powtario View Post
    I would be so terrified of hitting a rock wall at 60km/h after just diving into a couloir like that.
    Same. I'd be too scared to do it. I think getting good on those machines in that type of terrain changes/eradicates your fear, especially if you are not conditions to have skis (or crampons) on your feet.
    Life is not lift served.

Wow, diving into the couloir like that was amazing I have to say. crazy, but cool.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Greenland is a fun place. I was there in 1996, fucking rad.

Met a Danish chick, she was the nanny at the house I stayed at while in Nuuk.....wow.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

This is where all this is going down:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisimiut

Youtube Channel with more videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheUnited82#p/u
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Nice ad for GoPro, looks like the tellytubby mount is pretty bomber.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Yeah I like how he watches it come down on him and then starts after it again. I guess he forgot about how he slid faster than the sled the first time. Did they really think they could stop that thing? I really didn't believe people were this stupid.
    My thoughts exactly. Knuckleheads.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Part II = fucking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Does no one have an ice axe? And they just jump down the coulie after him? WTF? Wow, lots of darwin awards right there.
    Yeah genius... sledders drive around with ice axes... that would be a GREAT idea!!!

Btw... the thing actually looked like it was in pretty good shape at the bottom, both skis & a arms were still on, probably just a bent tunnel... no biggie. Sleds are stronger than people think.

That's a pretty sick chute. I'm a pretty damn solid rider with more than enough horsepower, but no way in Wisconsin I'd try that.

no thanks!

oh... and 180 lb guys stop 450 lb sleds all the time. Inconceivable, right?

Quote Originally Posted by TacocaT View Post
    Video from the top. Fast forward to about 40 seconds but watch the guys at the end
    That was awesome.

some more appropriate music

anyone?

well, I enjoyed that.