Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    to bad i saw this to late to grab a season pass -

Pass won't be open for Memorial Day Weekend...http://www.beartoothhighway.com/trip...toothNews.html
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

oh wow. Guess I'll delete that hook up thread. Yeah, we had some good snow. It's probably still snowing there.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Waaaaaah! I wanted to hit that place up on Memorial Day, too! I just went up there Sunday to check things out. Gates obviously closed, but it was still a nice walk up the highway.

Looks damn good up ahead, though!

opening of highway delayed till june 3.

If the weather is looking good we should get a caravan heading down to ski Friday June 3rd. I'm pretty sure I got the day off.

Will be fun when it opens!

Where is that gate located? Can you get to West Fork Rd or Lake Fork? Or can you not really even get past town? Thanks!
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

the gate is just above the M&K campground road. YOu can drive up past M&K and get access to all that stuff in the background of the pic. YOu can also walk up the road then boot up Rock Creek
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

May 31, 2011 - 4:00 pm - Yellowstone Nat'l Park Public Relations Office Al Nash had confirmed that adverse road conditions inside of Yellowstone Nat'l Park have made it necessary for snow plows to be re-assigned to priority projects, removing them from the Beartooth Highway spring plowing project. With no plows currently at work removing snow from the Wyoming section of US 212 between the Chief Joseph Highway, east to to the Wyoming | Montana border the 2011 opening of the Beartooth Highway has been delayed indefinately and no target opening date has been set as of today.
    http://www.beartoothhighway.com/trip...toothNews.html

Noooooo!!!!

Say it isn't so!!! Well, I'm gonna try to head up there on Saturday anyway, and just pray that gate is finally open.

^^ Looks like it will be open to the state line so thats still rock creek etc. Everyone has to be down by 8 pm. Plenty of good skiing to be had I am sure. Are the campgrounds along rock creek all flooded?

Drove up last night. Road is currently open to the state line. Rock Creek Headwall is accessible. Much else would require a sled or skins until the road gets plowed. Lots of snow. I'm in Red Lodge, and though I have not driven up the main rock creek road, I'd be very surprised if the campsites there are flooded.