I'll bet if you tried really hard you could guess

Any new trails in Moab in the last couple years

Heading down later this week. Last time we were there was probably 3 years ago. Baby steps was one of the newer trails then. Any new ones worth doing since then? We've done most of the old trails at one time or another? Thanks
    You don't need freerides when you got freeheels

Nope.
    Nothing new.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I just got back from a week in Moab. We road a new trail system called the "Magnificent 7" pretty fun intermediate single track starting at the top of Gemini Bridges road.
    The top section "Bull Run" has not been completed as I know of (old rouge trail becoming official) so you start on Arth's Corner. Plenty of info out on the interwebz...

Yup.
    Lots of new stuff, really.
    Mag 7
    Rockstacker
    PipeDream
    Sovereign extensions
    (UPS/LPS/Hazard/etc if you haven't done those)

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Yup.
    Lots of new stuff, really.
    Mag 7
    Rockstacker
    PipeDream
    Sovereign extensions
    (UPS/LPS/Hazard/etc if you haven't done those)
    We did LPS before, we were told the UPS was not really a legal trail so we didn't try it. Is that still the case? I love Sovereign, not sure if the extensions were there last time or not, but we will definitely check it out. Haven't heard of Rockstacker or Pipedream..... We will try to check em out, always fun to ride something you haven't done before.
    Thanks

You are in for a mind-blower.
    UPS/LPS/HAZARD/Burro is all legal now (but probably won't be rideable, at least not above Hazard)
    Sovereign has a bunch of new.
    You could ride new stuff your whole trip.
    Last edited by rideit; 05-03-2011 at 04:01 PM.

UPS starting at Kokopelli should be good to go by now. It was pretty muddy last week but was drying out... You are in for some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGempty View Post
    UPS starting at Kokopelli should be good to go by now. It was pretty muddy last week but was drying out... You are in for some fun.
    It most certainly was this past Saturday. Only a very small amount of mud on that first section of double track.

Damn! Sooo jacked. I too am headed down next week. But what to do, what to do? I've only 2 1/2 days in country before heading back north. I'm thinking 2-a-days w/ a mix of Sovereigns/Brands/Mag 7/UPS and Pipedream on the way out. Missing a must?

Yes, why yes, you are missing THE must.

Sounds good we will be in Moab and riding sunday. It's gonna be a few weeks yet before we will be able to ride much here in Fernie Thanx for the info!

The Intrepid trail system is new out at Dead Horse point. It is pretty fun intermediate riding with great views. Second ride of the day??

Any family style rides? Taking the son (6 yrs old) this weekend. Plan to ride Dead Horse with him and wife (8 miles out/back).
    Looking for another ride or 2.

Thanks
    the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right

Klondike/Baby Steps is probably your next best 'family' option, IMO. Or Gemini road to the bridges for the views, if they don't mind jeep roads.

Or take them straight up Moab Rim, if you want a divorce.

Rode Klondike last year with wife - great ride / view. Not sure if the boy can make the uphill on the slick rock (maybe the dino tracks can entice him)...

Have you thought about making your vaca mobile, and going to Bookcliffs in Fruita? It's really the only 'beginner' singletrack anywhere in the region, IMO. Except for Vernal.

gunit130 Guest
    You could ride the fire roads going up to Burro Pass. Would be possibly dusty though.

I would just ride the bench in SLC...

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Have you thought about making your vaca mobile, and going to Bookcliffs in Fruita? It's really the only 'beginner' singletrack anywhere in the region, IMO. Except for Vernal.
    Actually on my mind going any where else besides Moab. Same drive and new rides for me (plus beer run home !!!)

We rode Soverign yesterday including some of the new loops, excellent. Rode Pipe Dream today. What a great trail, lots of fun, challenging in spots. Big kudos to the trail builders for that one

There were a couple off of amasa back last year, rockstacker and extensions from there are pretty new. I walked the tech sections because they were too high consequence for my taste, but Big Blue did some shit that I didn't think was possible clipped in on a xc bike.

I'm know that there are a ton of entire systems that are under the radar. I know of one such out of rabbit valley, but it's like pulling teeth and joining a club you really don't want to. Very much like powder stashes actually, but way more permanent. And then apparently some pro rider from Boulder gets caught training on it. Stupid FR'ers.

Thumbs up

We rode the Portal Arch trail and Jacksons trail off Amasa yesterday, super fun, there were a couple sections on Jackson's that I chose to walk but I rode 95% of it. Sure is nice to be riding single tracks here that are non motorized. Once again kudos to the trail builders.

Just back from a brutal but rewarding four days and I must echo the props given to the Moab trail building crews, some super solid new trails being burned in. Rode Pipedream O/B x2, Sovereign + Cedar Mt Ext., LPS Down, Moab Brands ( lapped Bar B and Deadmans via the "best damn bike path in the west" b/c they were so fun. The M.O. and A were meh), Slickrock, and Mag 7 (exept of course for the unfinished sections wink, nod mentioned by Brian at Porq shuttle wink, nod) Also ran into one of the builders on Pipedream who mentioned an ST shuttle out beyond Klondike that connects into the Sovereign system..but that will have to wait until next time.