TR (of sorts): Loveland LBD 2011

All in all had a lot of fun and this was probably the perfect sized LBD crew, not super huge but decent and fun. Fair warning, I don't have time to post on the intertubes and didn't have time to take pictures skiing either, instead there was a lot of just skiing, a rather lot of it gone done considering. Some other people have additional media I think (Crunk/Franz?)

Adrenalated was a real trooper, he skied the VASectomizers all day long like a big man. A worthy winner for our second sucesseful Hamm's 12pk ChallengeTM:

Franz had a great outfit but had to pussy out part way through the day b/c the Buzzards were ownerizing that kid all over the place, he gave it a good try though:

yes, that is a cape on a speedsuit.

high speed snowplowing

Dobish though arrived after the grind and picked the buzzards up and showed them who's the boss, he totally killed on those stupid things:

Bean though definitely gets the award for funniest longboard style:

that said, by the end of the day he was starting to talk about finding his own setup.

I took out the 102s for the morning and think this might be the last year for them, they really are unpleasantly difficult to ski and owned my ass up and down. The upshot of having every set of tele boards loaned out is that I had some incentive to move over to the G9s for the afternoong and think that was the last and ultimate bit of proof of concept work needed to effect the full transition to alpine skiing. Also, the G9s are a sick old ski, quite a bit better than the 7gs. Still holding out for some 210 MSLs or 210 RD Valdezes...
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Damn fun day! LongboardCam video still to come.