Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tahoe must eat restaunts

Looking for eats (next week) between Truckee (staying), Tahoe City and Kings Beach - maybe Incline.

Whats good (must have micro beers and quality bourbon)..????

Thanks
    the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right

Tahoe...must eats...I don't think that exists.

That said, a must drink is the Eclipse at Fifty Fifty Brewing in Truckee.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

^^^^^^^

Izzy's Burger Spa.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

All mountain towns eat restaurants.

It's sad, really.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Pianetta's and Pacific Crest in Truckee are reliable, good to very good, but not can't miss
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Like the fact that brewery is in Truckee..Last time I lived there, town was the size of a grape. Bar of America was there as well as some random pizza joint at the west end of town..

So maybe change this to - where is the best beer? It counts (in my world) as food.
    the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right

Hugh Conway Guest
    Petaluma and Santa Rosa.

the burger joint going up 89 from the Y. pretty goddamn tasty burgers. look for the hudge beer mug on a pole.

+1 for 51-50, tho a bit pricey for pub food IMO.

It's not what I would necessarily consider a "can't miss" but I like Bite in Incline Village. I also like the Char Pit in Kings Beach for burgers. Squeeze In in downtown Truckee is a pretty popular place for breakfast. It was featured on Food Network's Throw Down but lost to Bobby Flay in an omelette competition.

Is the Bridge Tender still good? Had great burgers and beer... (what else do you need?)
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Is the Bridge Tender still good? Had great burgers and beer... (what else do you need?)
    No it is not
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Yeah, I haven't been anywhere in Truckee, Tahoe City, or Kings Beach that I just have to return to. Honestly the best thing I've found there is "Coffee Bar," they do have some very good coffee and ridiculous pastries.
    Last edited by QuikR12; 05-02-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Zano's in Truckee has a killer roast beef sandwich at the bar.

Old Range in Kings Beach has a fantastic prime rib and shrimp cocktail martini. Oh the regular martini's are good too.
    Click. Point. Chute.

This is a great time of year to enjoy the lake. So first thing in the morning get the fuck out of Truckee! So not much that is Great just for food but the Ambiance is what gets it done in Tahoe.

Do this Leave Very early and Drive to Kings Beach. Go to the Java Hut and get a nice Coffee / Latte Whatever Its solid. But Java Hut is right on the big as beach @ Lake Tahoe walk on the Beach and look at that late when its like glass and no people @ 7 or 8 in the morning

Then Drive West to carnelian Bay and have a diner style breakfast @ The Post Office. Been there forever food it solid (Hang out with the locals.

Then go up the street to the Marina (Real Boat Marina) and look at the cool old boats. Really cool. and from there you can see where Garwoods is. (Expensive) but good dinner on the Lake. another kinda pricy but Ambiance (Sits on the Lake) is the Sunny side Marina.

In Incline Crosbys is worth the drive for lunch or early dinner. Its 2 Star food. I was there to for a Gyro. They have a very good Gyro there!! But its not a greek place. Owner is Chef. Locals Hangout. I can tell you other places but thats a start

Its not about the food as much as the Mountain / Lke vibe.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

squaw valley usa international mountain resort
    Check out the Weekly magazine and look for 2 for 1 coupons. I like the River Grill in Tahoe City, or if you're looking to impress a lady go to Soule Domain at stateline. Both have 2 for 1 right now.

If you're sick of the huge plate-small portion deal, go to Pfieffer house in Tahoe City.

Mexican food lunch = Tacos Jalisco---this is the only "must go" place
    Bridge Tender for burgers and booze
    Firesign for breakfast in Sunnyside.

I guess you need to go to either Jakes, Sunnyside, or Garwoods. The food is just OK, but the the views are as good as it gets.

If you're a big spender go to Lone Eagle at the Hyatt in Inline, or moodys in Truckee.

Get wasted at the Tourist club.

Go to Tahoma PDQ market and eat a sanwich for lunch. Love that place!

t's rotisserie in incline village

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    t's rotisserie in incline village
    Is that the place on Village just up from the Hyatt? I need to try that but I always end up at the Bar next door playing Darts and eating /FREE happy hour /Tacos
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Squeeze In in downtown Truckee is a pretty popular place for breakfast. It was featured on Food Network's Throw Down but lost to Bobby Flay in an omelette competition.
    There is a reason it lost..... its crap and WAY overpriced. $15 for an omelette made with egg beaters.... no thanks

Man.... I miss the food in Truckee. The best food in town is the cheapest.

Truckee Bagel - IMO the best bagels I have eaten
    Taco Jalisco - I haven't found better tacos since I moved to SD
    Bills Rotisserie - Best Burrito and Salsa in town
    Full Belly Deli - Gyro Thursdays kick ass. Sure... they are $8 sandwiches, but they last 3 meals.
    Village Pizzeria - Best pizza in town.
    Java Sushi - I have not found a better AYCE Sushi anywhere. The Nigiri is properly big, fish is quality, staff is top notch. Not the place for a quick meal... but buy Shane a beer and you will be well served.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I disagree with MTT. no the bridgetender isn't great, but I've had a good reuben and sitting at the bar where all 6 girls in Tahoe City work is a nice time after jakes peak...

I agree with MTT, the Olde Post Office is good

T's in Incline is a cool spot with great tacos and hot salsa, and one of our wedding pictures is on the wall

I like The Divided Sky in Meyers...

tacos jalisco is only great if you've never been to a taqueria

is the treat box still around, they used to have a hell of a roast beef melt

squeeze inn is not that good

do NOT go to Rosie's, that place is a piece of shit

just go to the 7-11 on top of dollar hill near chinquapin for the nachos&slurpees.

As far as Sushi... Take the trip into Reno. The Atlantis for lunch, the best all you can eat around for $17.00. Sushi Java in Truckee, is all you can eat..for ONE hour with uber slow service.

Whoever says Truckee bagel is the best bagel ever has never been to New York. Once you get more than 20 miles west of the Hudson, they should no longer be allowed to be called "bagels".
    Click. Point. Chute.

Jeezuz Fuck - No mention of Fat City across from Daves?
    Place rules for great food at good prices in TC.
    Totally off the wall and low profile, this place kills it.
    Try the southwest eggroll and go from there.

Let's not forget Freshie's in SLT..great fish tacos.
    Click. Point. Chute.

River Grill has a good happy hour.

I also thought Wolfdales was good. But that may have been because the couple that used to own the wine store in town was liquidating the inventory in the bar.

Lanza's for Italian?