Pump Reccomnendation

I need a floor pump cause I blew out my compressor this winter. Does anyone have a recommendation for a solid floor pump that isn't going to break the bank?

http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_101...2_00911586000P this. With battery and charger it runs about 100$, but it's amazing. I have never been one to get jacked about a pump but it's so good and accurate(digital read out to .1 PSI) I am smitten.

I got a silca floor pump off of CL for $19 recently. Like this one, if you wait it should be back on.

http://www.departmentofgoods.com/sil...29257_e19d891f
    watch out for snakes

I have had 2 floor pumps in the 25 plus years of cycling- first one was a Schwinn brand, back when they were a bit of a better reputation in the business. Replaced the innards a few times before the gauge broke. Latest one is a Joe Blow. Had to replace the head on that (under warranty) - they redesigned it and the new one has been solid.

Lezyne Steel Drive. They make the best hand and floor pumps in the industry IMO.
    - - - - Skiing is for little fat kids - - - - - -

Silca Super Pista. I've had the same one for over 20 years now. One of the very few pumps for which you can buy replacement parts and keep it functioning like new.

Silca has made some cheap (junky) floor pumps more recently too; watch out for those...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Silca Super Pista. I've had the same one for over 20 years now. One of the very few pumps for which you can buy replacement parts and keep it functioning like new.

Silca has made some cheap (junky) floor pumps more recently too; watch out for those...

+1

Even a used Super Pista or Track will be better, more durable, and repairable than most new pumps from other manufacturers. I think my Silca Track is starting it's 3rd decade of service. I've replaced the grommets in the chuck a couple of times, and I take it apart and clean it every so often (like every 5 years or so). I expect that short of running it over with a vehicle I'll always have it.

What does the collective say about Topeak?

Mtn Bike Tire pump, good or bad? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post

I like mine.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

How long have you had it? Durable is what I want, on all parts.

Live To Ski!

How long have you had it? Durable is what I want, on all parts.
    Not long, so I can't say how durable.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

If you want durable, do not get a Park Tools pump. I have had two of their floor pumps in the last six or so years, and I am done with them.

the topeak stuff is good. Replacement parts and seals are available for replacement. Their new mountain pump is amazingly quick as long as you don't need high pressures.

py two piece head. Get a pump that does both presta and schrader in a single head if you need both. Generally topeak pumps are good and putting one of these on
    any old pump you find cheap makes it a much better pump.

http://www.biketiresdirect.com/produ...tm_medium=base

- Booker C. Bense

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d...34374302889396

Sometimes the dual head is a little finicky but the these work ok and are very cheap

i have a schwinn i bought from target for an emergency and the thing is a piece of shit. schwinn sucks ass

Quote Originally Posted by bbense View Post
    py two piece head. Get a pump that does both presta and schrader in a single head if you need both. Generally topeak pumps are good and putting one of these on
    any old pump you find cheap makes it a much better pump.

http://www.biketiresdirect.com/produ...tm_medium=base

- Booker C. Bense
    bbense knows what he's talking about. The 2 piece head on my Joe Blow started leaking so bad after about a year it became unusable, but I took out the screw in the head, wrapped it in some teflon tape and it's been fine ever since.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    i have a schwinn i bought from target for an emergency and the thing is a piece of shit. schwinn sucks ass
    Yes the Schwinn of today that you only see in big box stores is not the same Schwinn of the years gone by when they were actually a bike company and not just riding on the name (which was purchased a number of times and in and out of bankruptcy too.)

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    bbense knows what he's talking about. The 2 piece head on my Joe Blow started leaking so bad after about a year it became unusable, but I took out the screw in the head, wrapped it in some teflon tape and it's been fine ever since.
    As I stated in this thread earlier- I too had a head problem with my Joe Blow soon after I purchased it a few years back. It was under warranty and I called them- the customer service admitted they had a bad design and shipped me a new head immediately. I installed it and it has worked fine for a number of years now.

Lezyne. That's all...

Call me and I'll bring one up for you on my way home one night.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    If you want durable, do not get a Park Tools pump. I have had two of their floor pumps in the last six or so years, and I am done with them.
    I second that shit. Park makes great tools but their pumps blow. Schraeder attachment always gets too worn to push the pin on the valve in. We bought two for our shop and they were both useless after about a month. Now we have some blackburns that seem to be holding up well.

You guys are crazy with this floor pump stuff. Cordless pump is the way to go. And a really accurate digital gauge on it.

Two best things I've purchased bike-wise recently: Chris King bottom bracket and the pump. Why? They make my life easier. Less work on my end, more thinking about riding.