Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kip Garre...RIP

Thoughts to their families and the Squaw community.

Damn, horrible news. Thoughts to those who knew him.

Damn. So sad to see a hero fall. RIP Kip. You will be greatly missed.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

+++++

Sorry to hear this. Vibes to all the friends and fams.

rest in peace
    stay outta my line

Terrible news. I did not want to read this.

Wow. RIP to both Kip and Alison. The very deepest thoughts and prayers to family and friends. Vibes to all.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Geez, really sorry to hear this. Kip approached me about an Eider sponsorship several years ago. We hooked him up and he was a really cool dude. I enjoyed watching his career. What a great talent. My condolences to he and Alison's family and friends.

Everyone in Whistler is feeling this .... deep bows ....
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Damn sad. Kip killed it from New Hampshire to Antarctica. Hell of a ski mountaineer. RIP.
    -You can't get hurt if you are in the air.

Caleb Wray Photography

shitty
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

When I commented before, I thought to myself, "I am glad these weren't people close to me." I just found out that Allison was our friend, Allison Kreutzen - one of the finest people to have ever passed through Crested Butte, I am sure. A ripping skier and so much more. Fuck. Dizzy right now...
    Chocolate? This is doodoo, BABY!

Really upset to hear this.

My condolences to all who knew Allison and Kip. Squaw people, Mike, Dside, Straightchuter, etc.

RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Never knew Kip but always heard good things. Allison was an amazing person and I feel lucky to have met her. My heartfelt condolences to family and friends

I never got to ski with Allison, but we traded stories about broken hips. What a fantastic person and what a sad thing to have happen.

A great loss to the Squaw community.
    Click. Point. Chute.

RIP

i met Kip in Gulmarg as well. He was part of the small group that started training the domestic ski patrol in 2006 there and basically started the program that today allows the rest of us to ski amazing lines that would have otherwise been totally inaccessible.

He was also part of the only group ive ever heard of that skied Sunshine Peak(~2000m skinning/bootpacking topping out just shy of 15k, 10 mile approach, 5 mile exit) in a single day. oh, and they started around 10am...

Fuck! Kip was the most positive person I've ever met. So fired up on everything. He always had a huge smile on his face. An incredibly solid individual. This has been a rough year. RIP

Hang in there Squaw crew. RIP Kip and Allison. Sorry to hear this news.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Quote Originally Posted by Dside11-11 View Post
    When I commented before, I thought to myself, "I am glad these weren't people close to me." I just found out that Allison was our friend, Allison Kreutzen - one of the finest people to have ever passed through Crested Butte, I am sure. A ripping skier and so much more. Fuck. Dizzy right now...
    Fuck. Was wondering about that. RIP

RIP Kip, my K2 teammate and all-around great guy. Sorry we never got to make more turns together.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

sad news... RIP...

Horrible news. Deepest condolences go out to the friends and family of Kip and Allison. Allison made her mark on us CB folks. She was even with me the moment I tore my ACL and proceeded to break her hip just a few weeks after. She was a trooper. She will be missed by all of us greatly.

-
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

my heart goes out to the PNH crew and all the friends and family of Allison and Kip. had a chance at the end of last season to have beers and talk Alaska climbing with Kip. I'm sorry we never got the oppurtunity to ski Bob Korn. RIP
    Last edited by BFD; 04-28-2011 at 10:02 PM.
    off your knees Louie

Kip was one of the coolest, friendliest, stokiest people i've ever had the honor to ride the chair with.

he was really fun to cheer for in the squaw freeskiing comps, too.

so sad...
    Still waiting...