Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Finally got some seat time in the Pure XL - it's the real deal! Very Nomad-like in it's handling. Boofs like a mofo, stable, predictable. Doesn't track quite as well as my 8.5, but is faster downstream (felt almost as fast as my Green Boat!). I would recommend it to anyone who would like a slightly bigger boat than the 8.5 with similar characteristics (and bomber plastic!).
    Montani Semper Liberi

Jefe's break too much.

Jackson make shit creekers (haven't paddled the villain yet in fairness, but the Hero and Rocker suck).

Nomad's have been the king for the last 9 years, and have barely needed modifying in that time. Saying that, the 8.5 isn't all that big (I'm 74kg naked and the 8.5 suits me better than the 8.1, if you're much above 85kg you'll start to lose performance). Awesome boats though. If you're a bigger guy the Wave Sport Habitat 80 might suit better, they're pretty similar.

Saying that, if I was buying a new creeker atm, I'd be seriously looking into the Zet Raptor, very highly reviewed and has been winning/placing in a lot of extreme races recently...

The Grande is king. Im 6'3" 215-220 and its so bomber. Yeah it cracks its a creek boat. Its Dry auto boofs and keeps you upright in the funky. Definitely dig the Nomad but wish they made it in a bigger size. even for guys smaller then myself, if they want to pack gear its just not gonna happen. In my opinion planning hull creek boats have their place but i think its a fad and will fade out again. for creeaking i wouldnt want anything but a displacement hull.

Didn't end up getting a new boat last year. Now considering a Stomper.

Look what got dropped at casa Rootskier last night. Stomper 90. Just a wee bit more volume than the old Salto.

the stomper looks pretty sweet. but i prefer the hard chines of those types of hulls