TR: Easter Riding in CH

Incompetant Boob came down from DE for the long Easter weekend and we explored some new early season options. Trains, funiculaires, and mini telepheriques providing the lift assistance.

Rochers de Naye... funiculaire train takes you up from Montreux to 1600m. Not the greatest trails, but super scenic. Trails were super rocky, slow going, not much flow. Other trails were just riding on the hiking trails, which were not really optimized for biking.

Gampel-Jeizinen (Valais)...mini telepherique (can hold 5 bikes and 5 people max) takes you up to about 1600m. Awesome trails there, some fast flowy sections but mostly rocky technical riding. Some very steep sections.

Bex-Villars ... the local train takes you up to Villars village at 1200m. Great trails there, very flowy, very steep at times. Didn't get many pics thanks to memory card error. Rode with a group we had seen at Rochers a few days before, which was much appreciated because the trails are nearly impossible to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    This photo is cool. I'm getting stoked for bike season.

Nice photos! Your early season lower elevation riding makes us pretty jealous since it is still snowing here at 9,000ft in Colorado.

^^^and I wouldn't complain :-))

Cool pics Ripz!
    Always Fight Gravity

It is the result of a terrible snow-year and a warm spring that we can bike up to 2000m in April - normally we wouldn't get up that high.

Good riding on the weekend, I finished off with a few runs @Neuchatel yesterday, but no pics.
    @Ripz, one kid hit a tree over one of the northshore gaps (just about the creek-gap), he was really lucky - just shaken up.