Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

12 year old quarterback with an arm like a reborn Johnny Unitas

This kid has seen a lot of hoopla in the last couple days on yahoo and youtube....so I wanted to check it out and see if he TRULY has the goods.

Yep.........he sure as hell DOES.

Remember.....this kid's TWELVE.

How were YOU throwing the pigskin at twelve??

check it:

Johnny Sullivan

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Mad respect for the kid with the bottle on his head. Holy shit---balls of steel

dont mean to bring the hate, but is throwing at static targets a relevant skill to actual QBing? i know fuck all about football, but the best disc golfers in the world would suck horribly at ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkaDirkaJack View Post
    dont mean to bring the hate, but is throwing at static targets a relevant skill to actual QBing? i know fuck all about football, but the best disc golfers in the world would suck horribly at ultimate.
    At 12 years old it's pretty above average. And there are static pass routes.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

not really that amazing. his arm's strong for sure for a 12 year old, but there are thousands of 12 year olds that can throw that well
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    not really that amazing. his arm's strong for sure for a 12 year old, but there are thousands of 12 year olds that can throw that well
    I wouldn't say amazing, but I wouldn't either say a lot of other 12 year olds can throw that well. Hell, what do I know about other 12 year olds, but this kid does have GREAT mechanics, and throws a very good ball. One of the most impressive throws IMO, is the first or second when he knocks the water jug off the pole on the run. While not an incredibly difficult throw to make, he shows excellent form. Kid has talent and could go quite far.

How many trys before getting it right? Miracle of editing, but the kid throws a mean ball regardless.
    Silent....but shredly.

I'm sure he's better than average for his age but........Pretty weak spiral on his throws and video editing can make anyone look good. I wonder how many takes it took to hit the bottle thrown in the air and the one on the poll and probably everything else he did in that video. I'm sure he'll be even better after Tommy John surgery next year ;-)
    Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change this shit

12 y/o's should not be staring in videos on Youtube unless it's about Friday.

As for the kid, anyone can make an edit like that with enough time and patience. Being able to hit a target blindfolded only shows he can hit a target blindfolded with as many takes as needed ... no special talent there.

His game will go down hill as soon as he has his first taste of girls...

Physical ability is highly overrated in QBs on the pro level.

The kid is good but you can make a lot of people look good with the right editing.
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Quote Originally Posted by bmg97 View Post
    I'm sure he's better than average for his age but........Pretty weak spiral on his throws and video editing can make anyone look good. I wonder how many takes it took to hit the bottle thrown in the air and the one on the poll and probably everything else he did in that video. I'm sure he'll be even better after Tommy John surgery next year ;-)
    I'm sure he did quite a few takes on some of his shots, but how many takes do you think he did of the 'William Tell' thing with his brother? If you were the brother, standing there with a bottle on your head, how many takes would YOU allow? Me thinks not many. I think one miss, six inches too low, and I'd be outta there.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

I'm sure he's better than average for his age but........Pretty weak spiral on his throws
    You realize he's throwing an official size football with 12 year old's sized hands, right? He's not going to throw a "good spiral" till his hands are large enough to allow his index to extend up to the near tip of the ball while his ring and pinky fingers are on the laces. A proper spiral is all about creating the spin with the index, something small hands just can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by farmguy View Post
    His game will go down hill as soon as he has his first taste of girls...
    Truer words never spoken

kids have been doing this since before the internet.
    holy fucking shitballs

This kid is way way above the average 12 yr old throwing a football. Coached, and seen lots of kids at that age and rarely do you see a kid with arm strength and accuracy at 12. That kid is throwing patterns with speed, power and accuracy. The other stuff is just parlor tricks, but he's still throwing stronger than most kids.

Editing masterpiece.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

For all you guys hating, can I see your video doing these tricks? Static or moving, 12y/o, 20y/o, 40y/o or 100y/o, that shit's not easy. Thank you, drive thru....
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    For all you guys hating, can I see your video doing these tricks? Static or moving, 12y/o, 20y/o, 40y/o or 100y/o, that shit's not easy. Thank you, drive thru....
    Maybe true but I'll run that little fucker into the ground once I break through his offensive line !

It's not official NFL ball.

if I lived in Iowa I'd be that good too... I guess throwing footballs is more productive then meth
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Well, I will try and remember Johnny Sullivan for the NFL Draft in 10 years. If that kid keeps working at it, he could be fucking great if he has NFL QB size.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

It was a good watch, I made it to 3min. He might throw his arm out if he is not careful.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

It's not official NFL ball.
    it's a collegiate ball isn't it? it's an official size for somethin'..

adding: just checked, it looks like it is a collegiate ball. Also, first throw confirms, kid has wicked mechanics.

And his older brother is the next Meadowlark Lemon. Kids have been making these manipulated videos for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Beer View Post
    And his older brother is the next Meadowlark Lemon. Kids have been making these manipulated videos for years.

Yeah, that's the exact same thing the kid with the football was doing. Those shots with the basketball aren't demonstrating any control, game time skills. The kid throwing the football is demonstrating mechanics, accuracy and speed in game type required skills.