Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1039
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Just for the record, I think TB would've beaten Van too. TB has heart.
    Probably, because Boston was barely able to beat them. Mind you, I don't think their goaltending would have stood up to the Canucks like Thomas did. He stood on his head, and if it weren't for him, the Cup would probably be in Vancouver, not Boston.

You should just give up with the Canucks bashing now & resume next October.
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

Quote Originally Posted by nesta View Post
    the Cup would probably be in Vancouver, not Boston.
    I'll bite... so how do you explain all the goals let in by Luongo? Do you just chalk it all up to poor defence? In 4 games the score wasn't even close. Yeah Thomas stopped everything, but Luongo didn't even keep his team in the series. The Bruins powerplay was awful until Luongo was in net. Luongo fucking choked. Bigtime. Do you really think a team can win a cup when their goalie plays so inconsistantly? You have to admit that it was a big coaching mistake not to utilize Schneider more in the series. Lots of teams use two goalies to win. The whole "I'm sticking with my guy" routine proves how stupidly stubborn Vancouver coaching is and how they probably all have to walk around on eggshells as to not disturb Luongos fragile ego. Just because you pay someone a shitload of cash, doesnt mean you have to live and die by them. Luongo shouldve been on a much shorter leash and the Canucks paid the price for "sticking with their guy". Thomas could've let in a few more goals each game and the Bruins still would have won.

I agree. There are 2 reasons the cup made it to Boston. Tim Thomas and Roberto Luongo. If any team showed up with Roberto Luongo not showing the other team would have taken the cup. The Bruins didn't win it, they were handed it by Vancouver.

Seriously, I'm not Vancouver bashing for the sake of Vancouver bashing but Luongo lost the Cup. I have respect for many players on your team (except for the dive sisters) but you guys gave the cup away, plain and simple. And only a fanboi would fail to see that.

It pains me to say that Boston was definitely the better team in the end but Thomas was unbeatable.

BC just seemed to be on pins and needles for the final series in the cup. Its nice that life is returning to normal.

I must admit I have never been a big hockey fan in the past. As for liking the Canucks, well there the home team and I would have a hard time being a Flames fan

I just watched "Keep Your Head Up Kid, The Don Cherry Story" and it put a lot of things into prospective with the Bruins win. It must have been rough for the Bruins and Cherry to come so close to the cup and getting beat out by the Habs. The Bruins win probably put a glow in Cherry's hart which is okay.

To think the Canucks have only been around for 40 years, and the last time the Bruins won the cup was 39 years ago.

Overall, the Canucks had a really good this season and hopefully they pick up an enforcer to balance out the team for next year. Might have to follow the Canucks in the regular season next year.

PS: reminder for folks in BC not to piss off the hockey gods next year.
    "A lack of planning and preparation on your part does not make it an emergency on my part."

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    " now all i need to do is fuck an original cast member of 90210 and take a shit on the field in Yankee Stadium, and my work on this planet is done"

"and one last thing, thanks Dallas, fuck you LeBron"

awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMtnPinhead View Post
    " now all i need to do is fuck an original cast member of 90210 and take a shit on the field in Yankee Stadium, and my work on this planet is done"

"and one last thing, thanks Dallas, fuck you LeBron"

awesome.
    Seconded... awesome line(s).

Did I ever tell you about hanging with my bff Luke Perry (and cast) in Mexico?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Seconded... awesome line(s).

Did I ever tell you about hanging with my bff Luke Perry (and cast) in Mexico?
    no but if it ends with you, shannon dougherty, and der poopenhausen, please do.

only if " poopenhausen" is german for "restraining order"
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Seriously, I'm not Vancouver bashing for the sake of Vancouver bashing but Luongo lost the Cup. I have respect for many players on your team (except for the dive sisters) but you guys gave the cup away, plain and simple. And only a fanboi would fail to see that.
    Totally agree; in fact I said it a few pages back. Vancouver came close, but pissed it away. I’m not saying they would have won had Luongo actually played 7 games instead of 3 – some key personnel were missing (yes, for Boston too), and those still skating were hurting badly - but they certainly would have had a better chance. I would say Luongo getting lit up for 12 goals in 2 games basically ended Van’s chances.

The team said the right things, and he regained some credibility in game 5, but how do you play in front of a guy like that in pressure situations? Schneider is at least calm, and his glaring weaknesses (wandering out of position etc) should be relatively easy to fix.

And of course, the what-ifs: Hamhuis was obviously a huge gap, but in retrospect I wonder if the biggest loss was Samuelson, a guy with some grit who knows what it takes to win. I would have liked to see him and Kesler skating together in game 7.

Fack, whatever. Enough analysis, the B’s reached out and grabbed it, and Van didn’t have the will to do the same.

I do like Canada’s future in water polo however, some good young character in the program.
    I'm taking myself to a dirty part of town, where all my troubles can't be found...

Quote Originally Posted by BCtransplant View Post
    And of course, the what-ifs: Hamhuis was obviously a huge gap, but in retrospect I wonder if the biggest loss was Samuelson, a guy with some grit who knows what it takes to win. I would have liked to see him and Kesler skating together in game 7.
    Well, the B's could've used Horton, doncha think? And fuck everyone named Samuelson.

In the spirit of international goodwill, I have decided to send a gift to the people of Vancouver: A case of crime-scene tape and a five-gallon bucket of spackle.

In as much seriousness as I can muster, thanks for the smiles, it was a good series and good luck in the future. Now go bust some hooligans!

In the Greatest Nation on this Amazing Planet
    The NHL is moving forward on Head Shots! I think that's great news !!!!

Now they need to take the next step and fire Gary Bettman. That weasel is such an idiot and clueless about Hockey. He has never ever admitted he was ever wrong..can you say Phoenix ? We need a true Hockey Man that can bring this sport back to a Man's game not some pseudo European pussy sport its becoming.

Also the Instigator Rule needs to be thrown out so all the cheap shit doesn't go unpunished. Can you say Brad Marchand ?
    Quote Originally Posted by theshredder View Post
    i identify as a gay transexual

Convertibles, dirt runways, bartop dancing, enough women for a UN convention, and large numbers of irate Mexican police... all I can say on this open forum.

(In other words, no shagging Shannon.)

I wonder if "In the Paint" is still gonna be in contention for the Vezina tonight after no showing the biggest games of his life? At least he won the Presidents trophy this year. Luongo sounded happy just making it to game 7 of the finals, so I doubt he really even cares. His new nickname should be LeBrongo.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well, the B's could've used Horton, doncha think? And fuck everyone named Samuelson.

In the spirit of international goodwill, I have decided to send a gift to the people of Vancouver: A case of crime-scene tape and a five-gallon bucket of spackle.

In as much seriousness as I can muster, thanks for the smiles, it was a good series and good luck in the future. Now go bust some hooligans!
    Would have been nice to have Marc Savard out there as well...

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    I wonder if "In the Paint" is still gonna be in contention for the Vezina tonight after no showing the biggest games of his life? At least he won the Presidents trophy this year. Luongo sounded happy just making it to game 7 of the finals, so I doubt he really even cares. His new nickname should be LeBrongo.
    All those trophies are voted on prior to the playoffs.

So..awards show tonight, draft friday and free agency on July 1. Then the long wait till training camp.

Hoping for Bylsma to win the Jack Adams award. I think he really deserves it. Also hoping for a good show at the draft for the Pittsburgh born players. There are five of them expected to be drafted, at least two in the first round, one in the early second, and the other two will hopefully be later choices. Kind of cool what Mario and the boys did for youth hockey in the Burgh when they were winning cups. I hope Sid and these current players can keep the momentum going....nothing wrong with youth hockey growing...no matter what NHL team you cheer for.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    All those trophies are voted on prior to the playoffs.
    I didn't know that. Luongo was the man in the regular season, so he probably has it in the bag then.

Scary and funny at the same time.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post

Scary and funny at the same time.
    Where's the "Like" button when you need it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sagamoron View Post
    Would have been nice to have Marc Savard out there as well...
    Yeah it would be nice if he could get his name on the Cup.

Chiarelli (B's GM) is apparantly petetioning the NHL to get Savard's name on the cup - NHL rules say you have to have played in a minimum of half of the regular season (41 games)... http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...n-stanley-cup/

No doubt, his name should be on it.

With the world series all you have to do is play one game with a team to get a ring. Nomar got one when we won in '04. Not that I'm complaining about that but shit, a dude like Savard should have his name on it.

Luongo should also be given serious consideration.

Holy Shit!!! What are the Flyers doing? Hahaha....I love it. Hope Bryzgolof or however you spell is a flop!!!
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Luongo should also be given serious consideration.

fucking hilarious BD!