Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Yes - sidecut length. And yes, there is a shape change between the 191 and the 176/186. We wanted to add the 191cm BG to fill the gap between the wren and CD (Caylor is too symmetrical/center mounted in this regard). It is similar in design, but stiffer (slightly), less tapered, proportionally longer effective edge, and larger turn radius. Helps to increase performance in chop, hardpack, and at speed but sacrifices maneuverability in trees and tight spots compared to the 176cm/186cm.
    What makes the 191 BG stiffer than the 186/76? Thicker core or layup? How does the 191 BG compare to this years vicik (flex wise)? I had the first year wrens and this years vicik, just trying to wrap my head around the "stiffness" of the ski. I have 186 lhasa pows that are great in trees, but loose a little in the wide open. I think the 191 BG would compliment my 186 lhasa pows by being better in the open but still handle the trees.

Any mags in Whistler who want to check out the 191 Billygoats, give me a holler. Lots of people asking about them on the hill. Production versions will be slightly different, a touch longer rocker on both ends I believe. Iggyskier will be able to confirm.

After May 1, I'll be in Calgary so any Calgary and area mags are welcome to check them out.

Bomber construction and bases by the way. Hit a submerged rock after a 15'er and only a scuff on the base.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Production versions will be slightly different, a touch longer rocker on both ends I believe.
    And less camber, right?

Iggy, do you have a picture of a production 191 BG rocker/camber profile?

Edit to say: Looking back at your first post I see the profiles, so nevermind.
    Last edited by tuco; 04-24-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Marking Oct 15th on my gear buying calender.
    watch out for snakes

Iggy,

When does the presale end?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

That's a lovely accent you have, New Jersey?
    As an owner of last years Vicik, I didnt think that topsheet could be beat but FKNA the new Vicik top sheet is awesome. Anything set for the bases?

Presale is set to go about a month, but the length is determined by sales. We'll announce it with some lead time before the actual end to help the procrastinators out.

Also, just a reminder, but if you get your order placed by Sunday, you can switch topsheets to whatever you wish, next seasons, this current years, last years, whatever. Only exception is Grizzlycorns, we're out and our contract with the artist was for a limited number. We wont be able to do switches easily after this, just a heads up.

186 Jeffrey's and 186 J-mo's are out at Ski Bowl currently, was able to get a low quality picture on my phone before Kip and Duncan snatched them and ran up to the hill. Left to right, 186 Jeffrey (not the final top, we just missed the old Caylor), 186 Jmo, 181 Jmo, 181 Filthy. I think we're all pretty happy with the flex of the 186's compared to the 181's, its a slight change, but will definitely work well for the bigger guys wanting a park/all mountain ski.

Pillow Fights just ordered. If anyone's interested, my first year 176 BGs have to go to make room in my bank account. Maybe also a pair of Caia Koopman S6's.

See ya'll at the gearwhore anonymous meeting tomorrow.
    Sometimes pride comes after a fall.

191 BG's ordered. Who wants to buy some 09-10 191 Wrens?

Quote Originally Posted by bouguer View Post
    191 BG's ordered. Who wants to buy some 09-10 191 Wrens?
    I might be interested in those Wrens. PM sent.

I am selling my 191 Caylors for a good price...but don't want to hurt the presale!!!! But, I do have bindings and Skins available on them as well.
    You should have been here yesterday!

I'm trying to figure out how I can make a pair of pillowfights appear in my quiver... Looks like I may have found something worthy of selling my old car for.

I hope there's still a 186 spot left, but part of me hopes there isn't. God those are exactly the pow ski I've had in my head for like a year. Fuck me in the goat ass.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

I'm so torn between the 181 and 191 Lite Caylors. Wish you guys made a 186 Caylor!

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'm so torn between the 181 and 191 Lite Caylors. Wish you guys made a 186 Caylor!

FYI, the 191 is really nimble.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    FYI, the 191 is really nimble.
    Agreed. Get the 191s and love life.

Who had the Pillowfight protos on Whistler this Saturday? I saw them lying next to the Faction demo tent. Looked sweet.

David Steele? Could have been some C&D protos, they look fat as fuck too.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Who had the Pillowfight protos on Whistler this Saturday? I saw them lying next to the Faction demo tent. Looked sweet.
    Did they have the Wren top sheets and orange FKS? Probably Sam

They were Sam's. I was able to take them out for a couple runs. Ridiculous. Totally not the conditions for them, but they were still fun. For a 196 that is 135 underfoot they ski surprisingly well on piste.

Was hoping for a 180ish Vicik, don't really want the 186 for Bakers tight squeezes. Hmm haven't skied anything as short as a 176 in a while. Skis look good Scott, I am hoping to get back on a pair of ON3P's next season.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I have 186 Viciks. They rule in tight conditions and uneven snow. No problem. I cannot see going shorter, unless you are really small. Me = 155# 5'10"

Yeah maybe your right with new softer flex, a true 186cm is tight in spots around here though, fucking snowboarders . I have a bigger longer skis (189cm) for when the going gets deep though, these will be billygoating and touring skis for me. 5'7" 140lbs. The 176 length just seems a little short to open it up with though, maybe not.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by rludes025 View Post
    a true 186cm is tight in spots around here though, fucking snowboarders
    I feel this sentiment. I tried to hit willows a few fridays ago on my 202 lotus 138's, and I just can't get in that fucking choke at the top.

Another AWESOME (14" overnight) day on next year's C&D...pivot in the trees, AND rail Super G pow turns in the open? It must be magic!

If you don't order these skis on presale for your pow-slay-stompage, you need your head checked!
    Last edited by PowTron; 04-26-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Another pair of 196cm Pillowfights snatched up...

and next years C&D sounds titties, but funds are allocated first to a bike and then to a pair of those.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast