Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Bump for tonight. The sun is out, and the dirt should be fast. I'll be there by 6.
    Keep it unclipped

Quote Originally Posted by JoshP View Post
    Bump for tonight. The sun is out, and the dirt should be fast. I'll be there by 6.
    Along with the entire SLC/PC riding community. And me.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Haha and me. The line up will be deep for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Heading to bobsled around 6. Woodgrain Specialized.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrenchMoose View Post
    Bobsled on the otherhand... It started to rain right as we got to the bench. Thought we could make it down in time, but did not. Rio de bobsled opened up. Still way, way fun though.
    Hit Bobsled tonight and it's still a river right now, think it's going to be for quite a while this year. I started late so only rode up the road from the park but those that came over from Dry Creek said water was running pretty good there as well. Lower BS is in good shape but it looked like someone hacked the lip of the 2nd car jump again. I highly recommend some warm gloves for the ride and a change of clothes or towel in the car for the ride home, after getting soaked on the upper portion I had to stop twice lower down to get some feeling back in my braking fingers. Some shin protection wouldn't be bad either as the icicles forming on mine on the way down weren't all that comfortable. Think I'm going to opt for a Stansbury Island trip tomorrow over another Bobsled run.

Less gay, moer spray pls. k thx.

You want spray? I hucked the freeridey ladder gaps at I Strizzle today on my CARBON Mojo HD in mile 14 of a 19-mile XC ride. Just rolled right through, didn't even stop to set up at the top of the in-run. Boosh!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    You want spray? I hucked the freeridey ladder gaps at I Strizzle today on my CARBON Mojo HD in mile 14 of a 19-mile XC ride. Just rolled right through, didn't even stop to set up at the top of the in-run. Boosh!
    Clipped in? Cause you know, it's not XC if you're riding flats, although with all the pavement on that loop, you could also call it a road ride
    Last edited by phatfreeheeler; 04-24-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler View Post
    Clipped in? Cause you know, it's not XC if you're riding flats, although with all the pavement on that loop, you could also call it a road ride
    You got me... flats all the way. I really only ride clips anymore when I race. Flats are better training. And more fun.

first day back on a bike since i broke my pelvis jumping at i street in september. felt good! not digging the new step up yet but i'll get it.

Nice. Yeah, the lip on the step up is BIG right now for sure, and tricky.

Going to try to get up there tonight after work.
    Keep it unclipped

yeah i think the lip of the landing is just a little to high, i hit it maybe 8 times and didn't honestly clear it once, the line in the video's probably the closest i came since i sent it far right. i was pedalling in and all too. the jump i broke my pelvis on (into the berm just before gulley drop) is sick! sacked up and just went for it to get over the mental block, felt great. can't wait to get everything back.

It always feels good when you step up and go right past that mental block, whether it is from a crash, or just plain being scared. I crashed pretty hard two weeks ago when I shorted the forth jump on the rythm line. Was super stoked last Saturday when I finally hit it again clean.

Rear suspension makes that step up a little harder to get to I think. It is a looong way up for sure. Think poppy thoughts at the lip ;-).
    Keep it unclipped

Rear suspension makes that step up a little harder to get to I think. It is a looong way up for sure. Think poppy thoughts at the lip ;-).
    I had no problems making the step up transition on my sick (for sale)Double. Get that trade done and no worries on the step up

When I used to have issues on my DH bike on that, I was told to land the drop, stay compressed, then release and pop on the jump. Before that, I was landing the drop, recovering, then pressing into the step up.

word, i just got a full new suspension setup so i probably just need to get all that dialed to how i like to ride. never had issues clearing last year by a longshot.

There were some dudes up there last week giving me the evil eye for daring to ride while they were digging. Overheard them saying they'd built up the lander of the step-up by 1+ foot to keep it from being such a flat/fall out of the sky landing. Which I understand, but there are enough people (myself included) that have a tough enough time getting a good boost out of it that it may be worth shaving it down a bit. IMO.

Please don't shave that landing down. It's so much nicer to at least have a little transition to land on. If anything, it could use another foot stacked up there.

The key to that step up is in the corner into the drop before it. The lower and faster you can take that corner, the bigger you can boost the step-up. I actually find that I go noticeably bigger on the step up with my squishy bike than I do on my hardtail, simply because suspension makes it easier to take a lot of heat into that corner.

ohhhhhhh shit carston's on tgr?!

every once in a while... I've been lurking here for years, but hardly ever post and don't really check it out very often

I agree with Carston, btw. I like the landing as it is right now. So smooth when you nail it. Flowtron's advice is spot on.
    Keep it unclipped

I got pretty good at really forcing the bike into the top of the tranny, making that drop as small as possible. The more tranny you can catch, and the more aggressive you are with really compressing the bike and holding it trough the lip, the easier it is to boost and (in my case) think about the cool tricks you could be doing while you're up there, if you had the ability.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Went out last night. Dirt was AWESOME. First time this season on the dirt jumper. First couple runs through were a little shaky but got the rhythm line down and feeling better. Still not looking smooth but hopefully that will come back in time. Tried shooting a little video of other riders. None really turned out awesome but going back tonight supposedly to shoot again with some folks. I will see what I can scratch together over the weekend as far as a crappy edit goes. Overall I-street looks pretty awesome right now.

Were you on the Brodie Missiongravity? I was on the unskilled gent on the Blindside with the Zombie helmet. I was up there from 6 to 7.
    Keep it unclipped

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    the easier it is to boost and (in my case) think about the cool tricks you could be doing while you're up there, if you had the ability.
    That was me last night. I distinctly remember being in mid air on the step up thinking about how cool it would be to do a no hander. Thinking about it has got to be 95% of doing it though right So I pretty much no handed it last night. Nice

I might imagine backflipping it next time I am up there.
    Keep it unclipped