Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

2011 Official I-Street Spray Thread

The forefathers of Sprocket Rockets have for close to a decade maintained a yearly repository of grainy photos, trash talk, spray, and stoke form I-Street. Recently, the level of said photos, spray, and trash talk has been lacking. In keeping with tradition, and honoring past Utarded maggots who have left us for greener pastures, like CS, Frizzo, Bagtagley, Fondigley, and numerous others I forget, I bring to you the 2011 Official I-Street Spray Thread.

This is a place where you can feel good about posting your sweet helmet cam footage, pointing too low of course, of you knuckling all of lefty, and grainy smartphone pics of you getting rad at the lower kiddie jumps (I threw the sickest whip ever the other day off the table down there dog, you know the one). You can also spray about how many PBR's you drank because it was too windy to actually ride (coincidentally, it has recently come to my attention that Bud, the King of beers, is gaining momentum in the hip beer realm, which seems kind of weird to me). As always, naked pictures of sisters are also highly encouraged.

You might also make plans here to actually get up there and ride with other folks, if you so choose. I'll be up there tonight, and I will be stoked if it is actually dry. Fingers crossed.
    Keep it unclipped

Nice! It might actually be tacky up there this afternoon. Subscribing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Budweiser tastes way better than pbr. It's also the strongest beer you guys can buy!

Booyah!!!

Wait, do I have to live there to do that?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Yes, witty (or non-witty) banter is also encouraged here, whether it be local or nonlocal.

BTW, good work standing next to the Dank jumps. I'd have been scared just to be within the vicinity of those things. They look like they could fall over at any moment and take out a small village.
    Keep it unclipped

Excellent work (re)starting this thread JP!
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Now go get some riding pics bitches!!

Thanks J. That's the smallest jump in the line. I really do get goosebumps standing near the biggest one. Those pics tell nothing. Should have some riding shots after this week though.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Can't wait to start seeing pics/video from there. I try not use to use the word epic, but what the hell, it is going to be epic. I would hate to be the guinea pig on that line though .

If tradition holds out, we will be posting a few pics in here by the end of May. Stay tuned.
    Keep it unclipped

haven't even thought about riding this year but...

quick shitty edit from the month or so of riding i did between injuries last summer...

definitely my favorite spot to ride up there, nothing like a nice DJ session. i'll be up once i replace some shit on my bike, last time i rode was when i broke my pelvis in september.

I love this thread. No spray, but I'll reminisce for a minute.

- One time, I washed out in the berm before the step down and slid on my side off the drop, hitting the top of the tranny and tumbling ass-over-tea-kettle to the bottom...followed immediately by my bike. I used this as motivation to get other people to hit it.

- flowtron used to spin hot laps of the main line on his DH bike. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing him do 4 laps in a row once. I tried to do the same thing and on the third lap ended up in the scrub off the side of Lefty chewing back the hot spits.

- jazfrizzo built a landing for the drop on the back side of the hill at the far end of the loop. We went to install it and shore up the take-off, only to discover a nest of yellow jackets under one of the boards. We spent the rest of the day slowly dispatching the yellow jackets so we could get the damn landing installed. That thing was sweet while it lasted. The take away from that experience was that Utah yellow jackets are pooners.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Ah, I-Street. That's where I learned to jump at age 30. I was too much of a pooner for the drops <spray> but did learn the second jump in the original lefty line backwards, and not using gay clipless pedals.</spray>. I wonder if those jumps are even still there.

"Just pop it."

Holy shit I'm 38 now.

Super good sesh tonight. Ran into Otter and his ripping little 4 year old, Krispy from Go-Ride and a couple of his buddies, and two dudes on dual squish slopestyle bikes (a Killswith and a Double) that I am now coveting. Dirt was tacky, the sun was out, and good times were had.

Otter gettin sideways

Random ripper on the aforementioned Killswitch. Sick bike.

Krispy rolling up the step up with a smile.

While I was out having fun, my wife picked up a memory foam mattress topper thing, that I am stoked to go sleep in now. It was a good evening all around.
    Keep it unclipped

Ahhh, I st. Remember when phUnk was alive and rode bikes? That was fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by CS View Post
    Ahhh, I st. Remember when phUnk was alive and rode bikes? That was fun times.
    Who?

I have a great shot of me, bags and frizzo looking over the edge of the gully drop, deep in contemplation and fear. Need to dig that thing up. Now I am older and go bigger. Not sure if that is a good combination, but it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jayfrizzo View Post
    Ah, I-Street. That's where I learned to jump at age 30. I was too much of a pooner for the drops <spray> but did learn the second jump in the original lefty line backwards, and not using gay clipless pedals.</spray>. I wonder if those jumps are even still there.

"Just pop it."

Holy shit I'm 38 now.
    I turn 33 in two weeks, and I just finally worked up to Lefty last week. Maybe getting old is the key to jumping. I plan to learn to tale whip on my 40th, and shall be back flipping at 50.
    Keep it unclipped

Good times yesterday. Great dirt and a bunch guys kickin back and having fun. Mike (Killswitch) and I (Double) are going back up Fri afternoon and I'll be back there with the fam Sat am.

On another note, screw all this rain! I seriously have no idea how people live in the PNW. I'd lose it completely.
    Last edited by Particle; 04-20-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageOne View Post
    Good times yesterday. Great dirt and a bunch guys kickin back and having fun. Mike (Killswitch) and I (Double) are going back up Fri afternoon and I'll be back there with the fam Sat am.
    Whoa, small world. had no idea you guys were on here. Good riding with ya'll last night. I'll be up Friday too as long ast he weather forecast holds.
    Here is a shot of SavageOne boosting off the stepup
    Keep it unclipped

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    On another note, screw all this rain! I seriously have no idea how people live in the PNW. I'd lose it completely.
    Yeah, I don't get it either. Why in the world would you want moist, tacky dirt when you could have kitty litter instead.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Yeah, I don't get it either. Why in the world would you want moist, tacky dirt when you could have kitty litter instead.
    Not harshin on you guys, we've just had a bunch of continuous wet, cool, cloudy weather here in Utah and I am losing my mind. I'll take my kitty litter with a healthy dose of sun, thankyaverymuch. Although I do love visiting the PNW tackiness. Just couldn't live in the wet/dark.

I am going to try to make it up Friday afternoon as well. Maybe see you guys there.
    Thanks Shane

Not harshin on you guys, we've just had a bunch of continuous wet, cool, cloudy weather here in Utah and I am losing my mind. I'll take my kitty litter with a healthy dose of sun, thankyaverymuch. Although I do love visiting the PNW tackiness. Just couldn't live in the wet/dark.
    Quit yer whining and go jump off of something damnit!!!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Saw a weather window and tried to go up tonight. Got rained out. No riding. All padded up with nothing to jump off of. This is seriously pissing me off.

What time did you get up there? A buddy and I jumped around before heading up to bobsled, man it was tacky but still fast. Things were looking nice, couldn't quite figure out if I liked that first new hip thing at the top.

Bobsled on the otherhand... It started to rain right as we got to the bench. Thought we could make it down in time, but did not. Rio de bobsled opened up. Still way, way fun though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Saw a weather window and tried to go up tonight. Got rained out. No riding. All padded up with nothing to jump off of.
    That's when real men grab shovels.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    That's when real men grab shovels.
    Yeah I know... I am a terrible human being, what can I say?

monkey - had to set up my bike a bit so missed the ideal window - started driving up about 6:20, light rain, looked like it'd pass, but by the time I got up to 11th the sky was black to the west. Cleared out 45 mins later. Oh well.