Pack or vest suggestions

I'm in the market for a new pack or vest but I'm not sure which way to go. Right now I have a basic ll bean emerged vest that I got as a gift. It is ok but I've sort of outgrown the storage on this vest. I'm looking for some thing with decent storage, fairly light and cool. The fishpond gore and open range are nice looking and the simms vest look great also. Any suggestions? Anything for sale in your closet that would fit the bill? Looking to spend 75-100.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Which Simms vest are you talking about?

I have an older one in great condition that I don't and won't be using (I prefer a backpack)

It's like this with a few small differences, -no padded neck- (a pretty basic vest.)
    http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/freestone_vest_09.html

Hugh Conway Guest
    Level 9 has some cloudveil vests for cheap ($30-$50, down from MSRP of much more)

I have an older version of this Orvis vest and my buddy has a newer version of it. Awesome vest great pockets that hold a ton of stuff. One of the only downfalls of the vest is that it has a few to many pockets on it seriously why does a vest need 31 pockets? Other then that it's been a great vest. If your patient enough I scored mine on ebay for 30 bucks including shipping. It was slightly used but still has a ton of life left in it. The only other thing that I would consider is the Safe Passage sling I tried it on in the store and liked how it functioned. Easy access to everything and it just slides out of the way. If I had some extra cash around I would probably pick it up just because it's easier to layer with it and it's much more minimalistic.

Vest
    http://www.orvis.com/store/product.a...subcat_id=6037

Sling
    http://www.orvis.com/store/product.a...subcat_id=6670

i've said it before, i really like my fishpond double haul pack; hydration bladder compatible, big enough to carry stuff for a day hike to fish, rain jacket, food, safety meeting kit, etc.

might be a little higher than your price range though.

Level 9 has some seriously good deals. I'll prolly go with one of those vests. That double hual is nice but bigger than what I want. Of I was hiking to fish more that would be the ticket for sure.

Picked up the cloudveil nunya. Looks like a nice vest with lots of features. I am concerned the soft shell material could be warm. But for the price it is worth trying.
    Last edited by Vinman; 04-19-2011 at 03:11 PM.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

I have the cloudveil "nunya" vest. I bought it from Levelnine last year. Price is even better now. I really like the vest, except for one thing. When wearing a synthetic fishing type shirt directly underneath the vest, the inside mesh liner of the vest acts like a cheese grater when casting and rubs the shirt chest pockets pretty bad. I covered the mesh with some duct tape today which solved the problem, but looking for a more permanent fix. I don't really want to cut out the mesh, so may try a piece of light nylon or something over the mesh.
    on the send bus to gnar town