Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Been here since 1985 and you could not pay me to take a job at the ski area. To much of a corporate shit show... just like being back in the city... f that.

Splat we still have some of the MM marketing team posting on TGR...

Yea, sounds like an HR fuck up. In my 20+ years of work I've dealt with workers comp twice and both time had my hand held by HR or my manager because its their fucking job. They sat me down, on the clock, and we went over the paperwork together long before any deadline.

This has now been posted in the Mammoth Mountain forums, meaning a more likely response.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
    "that for any workers comp claim, the employee is the one responsible to ask for a drug test."
    Something doesn't make sense here. Just going to the hospital doesn't constitute a "workers' comp claim." It seems like the employee would need to take the drug test when they submitted the claim, not when they're strapped to a backboard at the hospital.

if she was strapped to a backboard, it seems to me she would be going to the ER before the ink would be dry on any WC paperwork, let alone the insurance carry knew anything about it.
    second, you would think if that was the case, MMSA would already have a agreement with the local ER to test any emp. that came in injuried. one the other hand, if someones on a backboard, usually the ER doesn't worry about wether its a WC claim or private insurance. they take care of the pt 1st, and sweat the details later. another thought, if the emp. was injuried enough to require overnight or longer care, why wasn't a urine sample taken at that point? so many ifs and what abouts on this one.
    the actions of MMSA stinks like last months leftovers

Mammoth patroller has posted on the mammoth forums and claims to know nothing about any incident. Somebody's not telling the truth here.

Got a link?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Something's not adding up.

The hospital knows the mountain's protocol of drug testing for employees post-injury very well.
    Since when is the hospital in the position of drug testing arbiter?

Quote Originally Posted by tief schnee View Post
    Got a link?
    http://forums.mammothmountain.com/vi...p?f=14&t=10344

nothing useful there, at least so far. LouReed is a pretty cool kook, and is pretty straight forward. hopefully he may hear something useful, but so far this is all just intertube chatter. Which, of course, does not mean we can't over react and riot in the streets. Mammoth would benefit from a good pillaging and plundering (nothing worth raping, or at least get an STD test first.)

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I heard you get the full std q-tip deal for workers comp now.

Hugh Conway Guest
    C'mon, two large employers, small town...think a little more critically.
    I am thinking "critically" in that the hospital drug testing without the individuals consent or a court order is complete and utter bullshit. YMMV.

Nice to see the usual ski town battered wife syndrome though. Keep the stoke flowing brah

Mammoth Patroller has been reinstated.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Keep reaching for that shining star, brah.
    Quote Originally Posted by sesamestreetwest View Post
    shine on shitbag summer, shineon. as was said way before, by someone obviously brighter than you, that's an insane policy if true

Quote Originally Posted by sesamestreetwest View Post
    Just long enough to be laid off.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Since when does a mob wait to hear the other half story before rioting? Did the villagers wait to hear what Dr Frankenstein had to say? Hell no!!! I say grab the pitch forks, light the torches and let's storm the castle (3rd floor at main lodge to be precise).
    Actually it is the 4th floor, unless you want to storm the cafeteria....

Read the post at the bottom of this page on the Mammoth forums. I think a certain Canadian ski area could certainly have benefited from an approach like Mammoth's.
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    don't you mean, "clearly the employer's responsibility to manage all aspects...."
    Um, ya. Fixed it.

good on mammoth for doing the right thing. i still hate the fact that companies are ok with signing up for a workers comp plan that knowingly excludes a large number of employees from coverage due to something legal they do while not at work that in no way effects their work.
    would that kind of shit fly if they started excluding people because they had a drink 3 days ago?

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    good on mammoth for doing the right thing. i still hate the fact that companies are ok with signing up for a workers comp plan that knowingly excludes a large number of employees from coverage due to something legal they do while not at work that in no way effects their work.
    would that kind of shit fly if they started excluding people because they had a drink 3 days ago?
    When the test is able to show that you smoked pot 3 days ago INSTEAD of 3 hours ago, you might have a point... but people do smoke right before their shift... and on their shift. The choice to get high is a CHOICE. The way the system works is imperfect, but it is no secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Drug testing for Patrollers? How high do you have to be?

Look at who chairs the BOD at the hospital...

Mammoth Hospital

...and who is the VP of HR for the mountain.

Mammoth Mountain

C'mon, two large employers, small town...think a little more critically.
    You do know that most of the hospital's patients probably come from the mountain. In that case it would make sense to have mountain representation on the board. I'm willing to be Dave gave generously to the hospital when he was around also. He subsidized other things around town too. This would also be a legacy of that. Who knows. Just playing devil's advocate.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

^^^Sounds like this was resolved. But if it weren't, I highly highly doubt that this would have held up in court. It would have been worth it because IMO, she could have found an attorney who would work for a % with nothing paid up front. She may have also had a case for bad faith, which can pay out several times of actual damages. (know of one specific case in Texas where worker's comp was denied a number of times, delayed, denied after arbitration found in favor of worker and was subsequently awarded $50 million in punitive. Verdict was later reduced in appeal but they still got 7 figures of punitive.

Just because you sign something doesn't mean it is enforceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    When the test is able to show that you smoked pot 3 days ago INSTEAD of 3 hours ago, you might have a point... but people do smoke right before their shift... and on their shift. The choice to get high is a CHOICE. The way the system works is imperfect, but it is no secret.
    that is exactly, my point.

Quote Originally Posted by mammoth guy View Post
    Actually it is the 4th floor, unless you want to storm the cafeteria....
    Don't know how you riot, but rioting on a empty stomach can't be as productive