Backflips & Bad Snow - A Short and Entertaining Video

So, the snow up there today was pretty crappy, but our crew still had a blast. Myself, Lindhal and several other non-mags went up to Berthoud and found a good spot for cliff flipping.

As you can see, going pretty big to a the flat (and not very deep) landing got the best of all of us, but we still had a friggin' great time. If you're not crashing every once in a while, you're not pushing yourself hard enough.

This is what skiing is all about...having a great time with great people even if the conditions aren't ideal. Just listen to how much we're laughing and cheering each other on in the video.
    When in doubt...straighten 'em out.

joelbettner.blogspot.com

Thanks dude, that was fun !!!
    a couple of those were HUGE !!!
    I can't flip to save my life,
    as I proved today ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Thanks buddy...we certainly had a blast up there today.

I'm sure you can flip, you just have to "give a huck." Haha.

BTW, how well do you know members of patrol up there? One of my best friends just started pro-patrol up there this year and he's always looking for people to tour with. He's got some big stuff planned for this spring.

joelbettner.blogspot.com

Super fun day! The kids were crazy for trying to make it to that second tranny. Glad no one got hurt. Gonna be some sore joints/muscles tomorrow for sure, though. Wish I had the park or trick background to sack up for a back today, but maybe when it gets deep again. Still had a blast doing straight airs. Awesome crash real to close out the April video.

And by the way... for all those that weren't there... I want to second that the landing was pretty damn flat and the snow was definitely not giving much room for error. Major props to everyone (but me! hah) for sacking up on the backs. And yeah, a couple of those were especially HUGE.

A buddy and I skied down past you guys and had lunch in the parking lot. Thanks for the mealtime entertainment. A couple of you guys were going big!

Awesome. Looks like you guys were having fun. Skiing with buddies who push each other like that is always fun.

I'll show you bad snow. Move to the east. Bad snow...pffft.

But seriously folks...you guys must not like your bodies too much, or maybe I am just too fucking old.

^^I grew up back east...and you've got a legit point. This was bad snow for what we were doing, but not east coast bad snow. I remember punching gates back east and being able to see the grass underneath the ice. Those falls really hurt.

joelbettner.blogspot.com

I tweaked my back just watching that video.
    Nice work.

Now that's what I call a natural backflip kicker!

No stompage but definitely some afterbang
    Just fucking point it and shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post
    or maybe I am just too fucking old.
    ^

I felt old for not sacking up, but jbski has a few years on me, so maybe that makes me a gaper?

Made me laugh, thanks.
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

super entertaining vid. way to get after it even the conditions don't warrant it.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier