Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    kidwoo was the one who turned me on to vimeo.

YES!!!

It's taken me a good long year or two of building up this malice mind you..........
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

note the difference between the two videos. the smaller one, you can go fullscreen. the bigger you can not.
    the smaller one (where you can go fullscreen) is embedded just with a ]vimeo] tag around the video's vimeo id. you can 'reply with quote' this post to see the difference.
    there may be other differences. one may be flash and the other html 5, i don't know.

Ok, I get it. The technical #$QT%@Q$%$ parameters/offerings suck balls.

I still like Vimeo better. The interface is waaaaaaaaay cleaner and the content is better. Hands down. Youtube is where I go for the BS. Along with the BS, I succumb to the myriad of advertising that is Google. I don't have that feeling when I'm on Vimeo, and therefore I like it better. And I can deal with the [insert technical jargon] video tech not quite being up to par, because frankly I don't notice it. Self identified video JONG. Yup

gunit130 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gameface View Post

right on bro brah, a little blown out from the light for my tastes though.

and just curious, why do you delete your older videos?

I don't know about you guys but I use Prodigy to host my videos. I got this CD-ROM in the mail in a cardboard case that came with free internet access a few years back and it still smokes the pants of all of the other world wide web video hosting clients mentioned in this thread.

Update: still sucks
    bumps are for poor people

It sucks less than YouTube. Although all of the music match bullshit is pretty frustrating.

Thanks for the update.

Update again still a slow loading piece of shit...

developing a pretty large amount of hate for vimeo. I made the mistake of "renting" a movie from them the other night. It was a really good movie but having to stream it via vimeo ruined it, constantly buffering and stalling. I bitched enough that I got my money back but I won't be making that mistake again.

I just bought Conquering the Useless on Vimeo. You can download the movie as a pure file to watch on anything (unrelated to any one store like iTunes), so that's a plus. Haven't tried streaming it though

I still prefer Vimeo to YouTube because I cannot deal with the fucking annotations. Also, don't auto play a random video after my video ends.

2c from the uploading side fwiw

Youtube is extremely strict with any use of copyrighted songs so for instance making ski edits to a song - they immediately block the content. whereas vimeo doesn't really police that at all

Still slow/weird loading though.
    Wish there was a better platform
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It sucks less than YouTube. Although all of the music match bullshit is pretty frustrating.
    I dunno. The buffering on vimeo is pretty shitty. You can't just click pause and let the whole thing buffer. Instead you have to watch it in order for it to buffer and it seems to stall constantly.

The music thing is why I use it though. Youtube is overly strict.

I almost never have any buffering issues with youtube. I almost always do with vimeo.

Shortly after I posted last night I went to watch a video on vimeo and it couldn't play more than 2 minutes without buffering. I got pissed off and found this:

http://keepvid.com/

worked great, I downloaded the video and watched in in locally in VLC, no problems.

Vimeo has music match... same as youtube.

I never have any streaming issues with them.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Vimeo has music match... same as youtube..
    Since when? One of the reasons I decided to use Vimeo was because I could put whatever music I wanted to my videos whereas Youtube would reject them.

Like this (that's Beastie Boys and Youtube rejected it on copyright grounds):

Does the music matching BS only apply to new videos? I haven't uploaded anything with music in awhile.

Edit: Well maybe it does suck balls. Doesn't seem to want to play on this site but plays fine on vimeo.com. And don't bust on the last person in the video, she's on tele gear and just learned to ski the year before.