Thread: Tough Mudder?

Tough Mudder?

Any mags or maggettes training for this/planning on doing it/done it before? My bro and I are trying to put together a team for the event at the Beav in June.

http://toughmudder.com/

Hooah!
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    I was researching them, pretty cool concept although they are being sued right now for essentially stealing the idea from a guy in England. You can find more info on it if you do a search.

Im thinking of doing the one in Beav. So far only one of my friends is showing interest. If you need peeps too let me know

We have seven "probablys" right now. I'm guessing that number will get smaller as it gets closer.

As for the lawsuit... I'm not sure how you can copyright an obstacle course/mud run. Yeah, it's similar, but I feel like it would be like the MLB suing the Japanese leagues for playing baseball.
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

That has to be a legal nightmare. Live electric wires, fire?!? When did BC get a motocross hill? Wasn't something like this at Copper last year? Looks like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    That has to be a legal nightmare. Live electric wires, fire?!? When did BC get a motocross hill? Wasn't something like this at Copper last year? Looks like fun!
    thanks goodness for permission slips

i also heard that that new years red bull skydive from 23 miles up was cancelled due to a lawsuit as well. some other guy had rights to it

Quote Originally Posted by crackboy View Post
    thanks goodness for permission slips
    They called it a "death waiver" and the electricity was fuggin painful, the water was fuggin cold, the fire hoses they shot at us while climbing the halfpipe hit fuggin hard, and the run was fuggin ten miles (when I registered they said 8!)

Lot of hype for what was basically an obstacle course, but the obstacles were legit and it was super fun.

Sunday 10:20 start, 12:51 finish. Who else sacked up?
    The killer awoke before dawn.
    He put his boots on.

Did the Warrior Dash this past weekend. Same idea but the course was a little over 3 miles as opposed to the 10 put on by Tough Mudder. Lots of rain in the area the last few days so downhills and off-camber trails were more of a controlled slide in ankle deep slop. Had to break out the pizza and french fries a few times. Obstacles were cool. Good time overall. Felt like the organizers were definitely there to make money.