Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    So, I've read through this thread and the Ode to the L138 thread. Rocker 3.2 pures...on the line is the consensus? And I see some instructions that say to use a 3.5 bit and some that say a 4.1. (I know, I'm gonna die with the wrong bit).

Wish I didn't need to remount, but I refuse to ski Radicals in 2021.

Dreaming of the 0-2 days per season I may actually ski these things.

On Pures I always did 3.5 but tapped it like metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

^ After 3.5 and tapping, how hard was it to turn the screws? (Meaning was the root diameter of the screw having a hard time fitting through the carbon layer due to a tight fit?)

I used 4.1 and tapped the earlier model, thinking the thick carbon layer wouldn't want to stretch around the root diameter of the screw.

DPS says use 4.1mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    So, I've read through this thread and the Ode to the L138 thread. Rocker 3.2 pures...on the line is the consensus? And I see some instructions that say to use a 3.5 bit and some that say a 4.1. (I know, I'm gonna die with the wrong bit).

Wish I didn't need to remount, but I refuse to ski Radicals in 2021.

Dreaming of the 0-2 days per season I may actually ski these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Bump. Where do people mount these? DPS site says they recommend +1.5cm (what's the point of a "recommended" line then?), different recommended mounts for Pure and Alchemist, very confusing. Most of my other skis are mounted -1 to -5 of ski center, so I'm comfortable with forward mounts, but if I get tip dive that would be embarrassing.

Oh yeah, I should mention that mine are R3.2, flex 2, Pure, 192cm.

DPS mount chart, etc:
    https://www.dpsskis.com/company/faqs/tuning-mounting
    Unfortunately the mounting recommendations chart is now a dead link (can be found with the Wayback Machine, though), but it says to mount 138s at +1.5cm. I followed this guidance for my 192cm Rocker 3.2 Flex 2 Pures, and like them there, but I tend to like more forward mount points anyway. I wouldn't mount behind the midsole line, but I think some people in the Ode thread did and they like that, too.

If you mount touring bindings on these things you get to ski them way more than 0-2 days per season. I put DynaLook plates on mine, but I think I'm going to remove them because I never really want alpine bindings on these things anyway. Maybe the heavier layups work better for resort pow, but I feel like the Pures really shine as touring skis.
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

Ok, 4.1mm bit it is, thanks y’all.

I plan on only touring on these. I didn’t ride any lifts last year anyway. I’m perfectly happy most of the time on my bmt109s, but occasionally I wouldn’t mind lugging the extra weight up the hill for certain circumstances. I used to have a pair of purple 138 spoons and had one of the best runs of my life on such a day.

I’ll probably mount on the line but with the atk xxl toe plates, so that I can try +1.5 also. I need to use them to avoid holes anyway.

Thanks for that link as well, I had remembered that that page existed and checked the wayback machine already, but a different year’s capture that said something else haha. It would be nice if they had specified which iteration of the l138 they were talking about…

For anyone who didn't read from page 1, the recommended mounting points vary by version.

They also spec epoxy as hole lube/seal. Later amended to include polyurethane glue

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Unfortunately the mounting recommendations chart is now a dead link (can be found with the Wayback Machine, though), but it says to mount 138s at +1.5cm. I followed this guidance for my 192cm Rocker 3.2 Flex 2 Pures, and like them there, but I tend to like more forward mount points anyway. I wouldn't mount behind the midsole line, but I think some people in the Ode thread did and they like that, too.

If you mount touring bindings on these things you get to ski them way more than 0-2 days per season. I put DynaLook plates on mine, but I think I'm going to remove them because I never really want alpine bindings on these things anyway. Maybe the heavier layups work better for resort pow, but I feel like the Pures really shine as touring skis.
    Thanks for digging that up. I've got my 192 Pure 3 Spoons mounted at about +0.5 with touring bindings, but I'm tempted to add inserts for alpine clamps too, and think I would be inclined to go forward a little. Nice to have the confirmation.

Man I’d love to have a pair of these in the quiver. Anybody done?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear