Thumbs up Paging A-Wreck et al chicago people

LaPorte County gets 20"+
    http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/203423-2368-092.html

A-wreck... if we were considering a Tower Hill dune trip it seems like this'd be the time to do it

what you think?

Yep...although there is more on the way in the next few days.

It's also really fuckin cold out. I mean sub zero wc's and shit.

I'm in no hurry... doesnt look like its warming up anytime soon

If you hatch a plan let me know.

A-Wreck is D-Town thuggish, ruggish Blazer fodder. Not Chicago.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

A guy I used to work with in South Bend used to go ski Tower Hill. Keep in mind it gets pretty windy up there and the snow frequently gets blown off. He always skied the back side of it. Anyway take some pics if you go. This could be an interesting TR.

Quote Originally Posted by UTdave
    A guy I used to work with in South Bend used to go ski Tower Hill. Keep in mind it gets pretty windy up there and the snow frequently gets blown off. He always skied the back side of it. Anyway take some pics if you go. This could be an interesting TR.

Tower Hill is in the Warren Dunes SP-- which is in Michigan. I'm not sure how much snow that area received being a bit north. I did call the Indiana Dunes SP today and was told 16" had fallen in the park. Does anyone know the difference in terrain between Warren and Indiana? Is Tower Hill the only worthy option? I havent been to either area and would want a little more info before I hop in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by A-wreck
    A-wreck also just burried his mother two days ago and won't be making too many ski trips this year.
    Oh man...sorry to hear that, A. I knew Wang was back there for a wake but I didn't know for whom. Sorry, mang.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I'll check it out. And I'm not even sure where to begin...I've never had to go through anything family related like that. Sorry, dood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Webb
    Tower Hill is in the Warren Dunes SP-- which is in Michigan. I'm not sure how much snow that area received being a bit north. I did call the Indiana Dunes SP today and was told 16" had fallen in the park. Does anyone know the difference in terrain between Warren and Indiana? Is Tower Hill the only worthy option? I havent been to either area and would want a little more info before I hop in the car.
    I remember growing up in Chicago and on a school trip- taken to the Indiana Dunes- saw some people bringing their skis up there to rip some sand runs!
    I think the Indiana ones are a bit steeper, but a little bit shorter in length than the Warren Dunes - "Baldy" (not the Alta-Snowbird kind) is the biggest of the Dunes I remember- guess you could probably try and ski it? (both places have "baldy" I think).

Would love to see a TR followed by some burgers at RediMax (sp?) if it's still there.