TR: Mt. Rose 12/18 - First BC trip ever

I've skied OB and done my share of hiking, but I've yet to don skins, some Trekkers, and a beacon...until today. My buds took me out to Mt. Rose, NV for some afternoon laps. After a short drive and a 45 min hike up, we had access to several bowls and chutes. When all was said and done, we skied two nice chutes with super soft boot-deep snow, and one west-facing bowl that was a great combo of soft pow and bulletproof ice. The highlight of the trip was the great view of Lake Tahoe that we got at the summit. I heart this place.

It was tough getting used to the freeheel of the Trekkers (thanks Altaholic) and the insta-grab of the skins, but I quickly got the hang of it. Can't wait for next weekend!
    Last edited by huck4bucks; 12-19-2004 at 01:51 AM.
    Turning is for when things get in your way ||

Quote Originally Posted by huck4bucks
    ...The highlight of the trip was the great view of Lake Tahoe that we got at the summit. I heart this place.

It was tough getting used to the freeheel of the Trekkers (thanks Altaholic) and the insta-grab of the skins, but I quickly got the hang of it. Can't wait for next weekend!
    Nice!!!

I skied a couple of times at Mt Rose and thought it was really nice. Tallac is the shizznit though. Talk about a freaking awesome view of the lake and some great skiing. And 3000 vert.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau