Favorite 29er Tires??

what do you guys like for xc riding? i run them tubeless, ride in colorado, have liked maxxis ignitor and crossmarks on my 26er, currently running schwalbe racing ralph on the rear, but they're too spendy...

Thoughts?
    "Last one to the bottom is a Coward"

Nanorapter is a great rear. Front I run a bit more traction: Rampage, Wierwolf, Wolverine, Bontrager 29-3 front

I like the same 26 or 29er tires, For me that is crossmark, or small block 8

Ignitors/Crossmarks have served me well around here for several years, but since I've been running tubeless I've preferred the Specialize Captain and Purgatory tubeless-ready models. Both come in a variety of widths to suit your preferences.

People are digging the new Maxxis Ikon a whole lot.

I ran Ignitors last year on my Salsa Big Mama and really liked them. However, this year I'm going with a different and cheaper combo: Geax Saguaro in front, WTB Nano in back (same tire as the Nanoraptor VT mentioned above). I think they're both around $25 shipped from UniversalCycles.com. They're both fairly light, have good traction in our conditions, and have low rolling resistance.

I ride most all the trails in the Front Range and prefer trails like Hall, Picture Rock, Walker, Centennial Cone, etc.

Up front, I've got a Wierwolf LT 2.55, but only as a vestige of my experiment going w/ a rigid fork. Ultimately, even the voluminous tire and carbon bar were not enough for my AARP-ready body, and once the WW wears out, I'll go back to a Rampage. Out back, I ran Nanos for years, partly because that's about all that would fit between the chainstays on my Retrotec. But I always found the sidewalls got cut too easily, and now that the Retro is collecting dust and I'm on a Jabber, I've had great luck with Ignitors. Cheap, durable, set up ghetto tubeless easily, and they do everything well other than mud. All that said, there's some newer tires out there that might make a better combo, like perhaps a Purgatory in front paired w/ an Ikon.
    - Joe

Rampage front/Small Block 8 rear.