Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I need a new bed pretty bad as it seems to be wrecking my back. I can't really afford a new one right now. Is there any mattress toppers either memory foam, latex, or pillow top that you would recommend? Just kinda to tie me over till I can save up a little bit and get a new mattress.

mattress toppers are band aids for sure. If you're just trying to get by, then pick one up at Costco or Wal Mart and get by until you can get a new bed.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

bumping this because the Tempurpedic Classic and Deluxe models are going away and are currently on special.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that my bed is too soft. After spending three days sleeping in a different bed i came back to mine to feel the sam achiness that i have felt for the last year.
    I thought it was old age, but it has to be the bed.
    any one have any thoughts on this?
    pussy.

i still sleep on a carpeted floor about half the time and used to sleep in mud some nights when i was in the army. put a piece of plywood under the mattress if its too soft.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    pussy.

i still sleep on a carpeted floor about half the time and used to sleep in mud some nights when i was in the army. put a piece of plywood under the mattress if its too soft.
    You've got carpet?!? Lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    pussy.

It is easy to be hard, but it is hard to be smart.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Daaaaaaaaamnit. Mags, convince me to drop a few $k on a King Tempurpedic ... I'm itching to pull the trigger, but it's a solid chunk of money I could spend on blow. Or hookers. Or both.

Do it, you will never regret sleeping on something comfortable.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

The slow time of year for the store so thought I would pass along some deals if anyone wants to buy a bed. These are Tempurpedic Beds and I'll mention 2 styles but will gladly do a deal on any style they make if you are interested. Shipping can be arranged anywhere in the United States so if you want one let me know. These will be tax free if I ship out of Colorado, but as a disclaimer, you are responsible for sending in the proper sales tax where you live. In Colorado, you will be charged State and County tax but not city unless you live in a city in this valley. If paying by credit card, at these prices I will add a flat 2% fee to cover my CC costs.
    Last edited by montanaskier; 06-16-2011 at 03:33 PM.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Got a good deal on a king size Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme set for any local in the Vail area or out of the area if you don't mind picking up.

Had a customer that is a 2nd home owner buy one for his house here. He doesn't think it feels the same as the one he has in his primary house in Mizzou so I replaced it. I've got his king set back now and need to move it. It's been slept on for a total of about 2 weeks, it's in great shape. Warranty is still the same, just a great deal on a great bed. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I'm sure opinions will vary but we just got a Simmons Beauty Rest (Jillian Firm model I believe) and I have not slept this well ever.

Any opinions about the "green" mattresses, like the Simmons Danny Seo or the NaturaLatex? Some on-line praise for them...

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyskier View Post
    Any opinions about the "green" mattresses, like the Simmons Danny Seo or the NaturaLatex? Some on-line praise for them...
    We've got two mattresses and a crib mattress from these folks. I had to pimp my wife out for a while to afford them, but the mattress is so comfy, she's forgiven me.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

like any other bed, it depends if you like it or not. "Green" beds are popular and expensive....in the end how well you like them depends on you. Might check out a company called Natura....they do good green stuff as well, I'm in the process of adding them to my line up.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Montanaskier,

Do you ship to BC? My woman and I are going to need a mattress and quite frankly I'd much rather throw you some business than someone I don't know from adam.

I'm in the market for a new mattress also (have had mine for about 10 years now). What I'm sleeping on right now is ok, my chiropractor recommended it, not sure what brand it is but its a coil type with the pillow top.

I've been really interested in the sleep number beds, mainly because of the advertising, but also because it makes sense logically - too firm? Make it softer! Too soft? Make it firmer!! Seems like an ideal solution, a way to have every variation of firmness in one bed. But in 5 pages of replies, only ONE person here has one?! I want to hear more!!
    Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    So I guess I am the only one with a Sleep Number bed? I love it, wife hates it.
    What do you love about it? What does your wife hate about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    You and your wife are like are lot of people with Sleep# beds....they either love them or hate them, and they have one of the highest, if not the highest return rate in the industry.
    Really?! "Highest return rate in the industry"?!? REALLY? Like I said, it would seem to me that you can have whatever kind of mattress you want - sleep on it for a week or two, change it up, and so on, untill you find the setting that is perfect... What gives?

I've posted this in other bed threads and it should be posted again. If you live in the Bay Area you should check these guys out:

http://www.mcroskey.com/

I've had mine for 10 years already and it hasn't changed a bit. They told me it should last a full 20 and I have not doubt that is the case. At the time I bought it, it was much cheaper than a lot of the other offerings out there. I tried other mattresses that cost twice as much that weren't half as good.

McRoskey is the cream of the crop when it comes to "traditional" box spring mattresses. Everyone else pretty much stopped using real box springs and what they're selling you as a "box spring" is nothing more than a wooden frame that takes up space. Take Stearns & Foster for example. The S&F box springs are exactly the same as the lower end Sealy box springs. They definitely don't charge you the same price though.

From what I recall, here's how a "traditional" bed works. The box spring provides the support while the mattress provides some additional support along with the cushion. Basically, when you lie on one, the mattress and box spring should work as a team to support and conform to your body. Since the fake box springs don't do anything except add a taller hard layer for the mattress to sit on, most "traditional" mattresses now have to provide that double layer of support in only the mattress. So how do you then put cushion into it? You go cheap and add a pillow top.

McRoskey doesn't cut corners like this though. They sell two different box springs and four different mattresses which fit into four different firmness levels:

Firm: firm mattress, regular box spring
    Medium: medium mattress, regular box spring
    Soft: soft mattress, regular box spring
    Extra Soft: soft mattress, soft box spring

When I was shopping, I laid down on a lot of different beds for very long periods of time. What I noticed was then when I laid down on the fake box spring mattresses, the pillow top felt great for a few minutes but after a short while I eventually sunk through them and was essentially lying on an overly firm mattress. I never sink through on the McRoskey.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

if you like to sleep on your side, do not get a tempurpedic

i guarantee you will hate it

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Temper Pedic. The hard foam deal. Trully no comparison, especially if you have back issues.

Find one, try one, then you'll buy one.

I GUARANTEE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    if you like to sleep on your side, do not get a tempurpedic

i guarantee you will hate it
    I TOTALLY disagree with this statement. My wife and I are side sleepers. She has bursitis in her hip. We recently bought a Tempurpedic and she is very comfortable. I am sleeping better than I was before this bed. I don't wake up with pressure pain on my hips and shoulders like I use to.

We had an 8 year old Sealy spring mattress that was worn out. I wasn't getting much sleep and my back was killing me whenever I got up. We demo'd Tempurpedic, but the price was hard to swallow. I looked at the Costco memory foam mattresses and called the manufacturer to see which model compared to the tempur model. I went ahead and bought the one they said compared to the tempur model we wanted. We like a soft mattress, the Costco model was very hard, comparable to the hard tempur models. I returned it and ended up buying the tempur one. Been sleeping on it for a month. There was a slight adjustment period, but now I sleep better and don't wake up in pain like I use to.

I want to issue a HUGE "THANK YOU" to Montanaskier for the fantastic treatment on the purchase of my mattress. Any of you in CO that need a new mattress definitely should contact him. He'll set you up. If you can go to his store. He'll even let your dogs shed all over his demo beds. Also, he seemed kind of lonely all by himself in his store, with only TGR to keep him company.

really? which tempurpedic did you get? i have the cloud and I almost immediately had to learn how to sleep on my back or stomach because it was hurting my shoulders so much to sleep on my side. i will say it has gotten better though, maybe it's just getting softer

Hey MTS, I need two new beds in 02791. Full size, not Tempurpedic (the bride and I get the Tempurpedic, these are for the kids!) but good quality foam of some sort. Any way I could save money and you could make money shipping something or me picking it up from a local store or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    like any other bed, it depends if you like it or not. "Green" beds are popular and expensive....in the end how well you like them depends on you. Might check out a company called Natura....they do good green stuff as well, I'm in the process of adding them to my line up.
    We ended up buying a Natura Tranquil, which I think is their bottom of the line mattress. We got great service from the shop outside of Sacramento-they delivered to Truckee exactly when they said they would. It has been super comfortable! You sink in a little, and then you just stop. Very nice.

sorry, new baby so I'm not online as much as I was, especially if I'm not at the store.

1. I'll check and see if I can ship to BC and let you know ASAP.

2. I've sold air beds and agree with Garth....high return rates. From what I've seen, customers get tired of small things breaking like a motor issue here, a valve leak there, etc..

3. Can't really make a statement like side sleepers will hate Tempurs.....side sleepers have to be careful to not get too firm of a bed because they can give you dead arm or dead hip. However not everyone is the same.

4. I agree that everyone should try and actually lay down on beds for as long as possible in a store. Most people spend 15 or 30 minutes in my shop for a bed they plan to sleep on for many years.

5. Iceman- let me see what I can do and I'll let you know ASAP.

6. A PM is the best way to reach me right now just because they come to my email and I'll get that on my phone if I'm not online.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    really? which tempurpedic did you get? i have the cloud and I almost immediately had to learn how to sleep on my back or stomach because it was hurting my shoulders so much to sleep on my side. i will say it has gotten better though, maybe it's just getting softer
    I bought the Cloud Lux. Although, I couldn't tell that much of a difference between it and the Cloud Supreme, my wife could. And since she has all the medical problems, I defered to her judgement. Just about any of the other Tempur models I found too hard.

bumping this....needing to move some beds so if anyone wants a Tempurpedic or a Simmons for that matter...give me a shout. LETS MAKE A DEAL.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL