Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Neeed $$$ for taxes sale: New PMGear Splatula's, 183 Bro's, IndustryNine SS Wheelset

I REALLY HATE to have to sell this stuff, but I need $$$ for a higher than expected tax bill

Send PM with interest. Payment via Paypal. Prices include shipping and PayPal fees.

1. 191 PMGear Splatula's -- NEW PRICE = $600 SHIPPED

I found a pair on here that sold for $650 shipped. So that is what I am asking as well. (I'll ignore PayPal fees too). This version had the old blue bomber topsheet (http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-Gear-Splatula).

My version has the new-school Lhasa topsheet from the 196 Lhasa (note: it says 196 on the topsheet, but these skis are 191's).

2. 183 Bro Models --- SOLD!!

3. Industry Nine single-speed specific wheelset, I9 spokes, Stan's Crest rim (29er) --- SOLD!!!
    Last edited by Tyrone Shoelaces; 03-28-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

nice wheels, what is the weight on them?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    nice wheels, what is the weight on them?
    1590 grams with yellow tape installed, but no valve stems. So prolly right at 1600g with the valves.
    One Gear, Two Planks

Those spatulas look minty!!

I can't find any info whatsoever on the PM Gear Spats searching all kinds of ways, any threads you can direct me to?

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    I can't find any info whatsoever on the PM Gear Spats searching all kinds of ways, any threads you can direct me to?
    Sure. Here's a little review thread. And scroll down just a bit and you can ski a schematic of the ski with rocker profile, etc. -> http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...MGear-Splatula

Basic dimensions are:
    191 cm
    135-144-130 (reverse reverse slarve masters)
    full carbon layup (carbon empregnated fiberglass layup over wood core)
    extremely rare
    One Gear, Two Planks

1000-oaks, search for "splatulas" instead.

i want those 183s, but i'm afraid of lowballing an offer. if nobody wants them, i'd gladly send you $150+shipping to canuckistan.

SO tempted to spend my tax return to fund your bill! Somehow tho I feel like the IRS would approve a little too much, and we certainly can't have that so instead I'll just be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...light=splatula

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...light=splatula

please let me know how many days on the bro 183 it sounds like you mounted bindings for one day only? I am very interested in purchasing if the are in fine shape and the bases and edges are like new. thanks Michael

dibs on Bro's

Quote Originally Posted by VT BUSHMAN View Post
    it sounds like you mounted bindings for one day only?
    ha, no, not for 'one-day only'...but they've been mounted once. With the set of bindings that are still on there now. When I remove the bindings and ship them, there will only be one set of binding holes in them.

not sure how many days are on them. I've had them a few seasons, but they were not my everyday ski by a long shot. I ski at Kirkwood, where we get shit tons of snow and thus, I'd only ski these a handful of times a year on firmer, more hardpack days. I can tell you that I haven't skied them at all this season, and I think last season I only brought them out once....that's why they're up for sale. I love them, but they way I pick and choose my ski days these days, I just don't really use these.

The bases and edges are indeed MINT. Edges are smooth and sharp with no burrs or anything. Bases have a look great. Lots of camber and pop left in these.

PS - also there is one other guy interested in these skis who has been PM-ing questions about them since yesterday. Technically he has dibs. I'll find out soon if he wants them or not. Thanks.
    One Gear, Two Planks

Update: 183 Bros have been sold.
    One Gear, Two Planks

Tuesday bump
    One Gear, Two Planks

Price drop on the Splatula's - $600 shipped.
    One Gear, Two Planks

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Bump for a sweet wheelset speaking from experience. I have the same build in a different color, have flogged them quite a bit thus far... bomber, stiff and light.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    ha, no, not for 'one-day only'...but they've been mounted once. With the set of bindings that are still on there now. When I remove the bindings and ship them, there will only be one set of binding holes in them.

not sure how many days are on them. I've had them a few seasons, but they were not my everyday ski by a long shot. I ski at Kirkwood, where we get shit tons of snow and thus, I'd only ski these a handful of times a year on firmer, more hardpack days. I can tell you that I haven't skied them at all this season, and I think last season I only brought them out once....that's why they're up for sale. I love them, but they way I pick and choose my ski days these days, I just don't really use these.

The bases and edges are indeed MINT. Edges are smooth and sharp with no burrs or anything. Bases have a look great. Lots of camber and pop left in these.

PS - also there is one other guy interested in these skis who has been PM-ing questions about them since yesterday. Technically he has dibs. I'll find out soon if he wants them or not. Thanks.
    I skied my pair yesterday in the kirkwood deepness. Especially super wonderful the steeper it got or in the tress. You just flick them to turn. I have also found them easier on my trick meniscus on the grooms because of that lack of need to posture and press into a carve. I only had a couple runs on them on a deep day last year, so yesterday I really got to put them through the paces. I was bummed I missed the wall opening cause I wanted to blaze them down through waterfall for first tracks. But it was so deep I might be thankful I didn't have to break trail out the drain exit.

Splat, maybe this is your department...what is the weight on those splatulas?

If Splat doesn't respond by end of day today, I can weigh these suckers on my highly accurate..bathroom scale...this evening and report back for you.

I forget what they weigh and I know I posted it somewhere here once or twice....I loaned my pair to powdork for the week and the others we have in the shop haven't been cut out. Lots of luck with a bathroom scale, Tyrone.

Is the wheel set still avialable?

Yes it is. Shoot me a PM if interested.
    One Gear, Two Planks

Yes, I am interested. I do not see an email or pm link...

usually if you click on username, there is a link to send a Private Message, I'll send you one.

Strange...I can't send you one either...I tried to but I get this message, "bkeane2000 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

You must have elected to turn them off or something when you registered. you'll have to turn them back on or post up your email here.
    One Gear, Two Planks

My email is bkeane2000@yahoo.com

OK try bkeane2000 at Yahoo...