Is everyone with POV spancered?

In about 75% of the edits I see on here the first 30 or so seconds are logos for Moment, Hestra, Line, etc. Are people doing this just to support these companies or getting paid? I'm wondering because not all of the skiing is amazing (however stokeworthy).

No one will watch your video if it's not loaded with advertisements for gear. Duh

I hope not..... just sayin.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Does anyone know a good GIF or .BMP site for spancership icons? I want a "sponsored by Burton" icon on my videos, if I can find one. Because quite a few people who like snow have heard of Burton... is my thinking...

it's 4:40 AM, just finally returned from some great Stevens Pass night runs and intoxerating. It was dumping buckets. Lucky people who can afford to ride a Saturday tomorrow. Do not sleep in if ur reading this. About my spancer gifs. my cat just farted on me

I doubt it about about the sponsored stuff, but I really don't know. I find POV pretty underwhelming and almost never click on them.

No, almost none of them are sponsored, they just like giving corporate rimjobs in the hope that someone will throw them some gear at pro-form prices. The majority of POV videos that have ads in them are full of people making shitty turns in bounds, not that there's anything wrong with that, but at that point, you don't deserve, nor should you receive free gear.

Just another reason POV's are annoying.

Nobody in skiing gets paid. Even the folks "getting paid".
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Who's POVs are you talking about?

When I saw this thread I immediately thought of guys like Blurred and 666 who put product logos in their videos. (Line and Moment, IIRC) Although I don't know for sure, I would venture to guess that they're at least getting their gear for free if not spansered more beyond that.

I've got the Ski Logik link in my siggy cuz they gave me a pair of skis so I'm giving them a little advertising / word of mouth. My season was cut short this year before I had any POV on those skis worthy of posting, but if I had I probably would have stuck the logo up there...

Some day soon here I'm actually going to get my act together and put up a full review of the skis too (178 Ullr's Chariots) Stay Tuned!!

Jay, just an fyi, reading your post and decided to click the ski logik link and it doesn't work. I think there is a .htm at the end that doesnt need to be there.

We put logos in our POV's so sponsors see how good it will look when they sponsor us and give us millions of dollars in contracts . . . . .

i don't think 666 has moment logos in his videos. that doesn't mean he's not sponsored. i don't know if he is. at least with ski sponsors (and prolly gloves too) you don't need a logo since the skis and gloves are almost always in the frame. seeing the product is, imo, more effective than seeing the logo. obvious sponsorship may even detract from the effect the sponsors want to create.

I just wanted to say I just finished editing a 100% POV video and I'm really pleased with my logo placements. Its, like, wicked progressive stuff.

So many logos in this POV edit, see if you can count them all!

i heard ski junky's outerwear makes him look like he's a nascar driver.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    i heard ski junky's outerwear makes him look like he's a nascar driver.
    ^^^this.
    TRs, photos, videos, and building skis (2 pairs so far...):
    http://wasatchprotocol.wordpress.com/

I'm thinking about putting up an advertisement for my dentistry. Best of both worlds.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

I wonder if Donjoy will spancer my Left knee?

Haha, the tilt onto your helmet after landing Smart Bastard is my favorite. I'm sure you've been working on that shot all season.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiJunky05 View Post
    I'm really pleased with my logo placements. Its, like, wicked progressive stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiJunky05 View Post
    So many logos in this POV edit, see if you can count them all!
    Whoa, those are some gorgeous turns, I can't wrap my mind around the movements involved. Videos like this are the ones that make me realize I can NEVER be amazing.

Posting logos is lame and pointless. If you really are sponsored, you would already know that photo incentive checks come with or without posted logos.
    Perhaps some skiers are REALLY trying to be a valuable investment to whoever it is that is giving them free gear.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    Perhaps some skiers are REALLY trying to be a valuable investment to whoever it is that is giving them free gear.
    Isn't that kind of the point?