London Mags - can I buy you a pint?

Hey, I'll be in your town for about 21 hours from saturday 1400 to sunday 1100 hrs. Never been to London, not too keen on spending 300 quid on some lame show. Probably will overnight around paddington sq, as it seems pretty convenient to the airport. Wondering if I can share some bullshit around a pint or 2 (or 7).
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Oh no! Roo and I are away this weekend. Not sure what the others doing.

If you are without local guidance, don't take in a lame show, get a tube to Waterloo or the Embankment and have walk up and down. There's guaranteed to be loads going on around the South Bank. The Thames at night is lovely. There are good bars and eateries along that stretch and there may be some exhibitions in the Royal Festival Hall.
    Monty Python's version of the cougar phenomenon:
    "This is a frightened city. Over these houses, over these streets hangs a pall of fear. Fear of a new kind of violence which is terrorizing the city. Yes, gangs of old ladies attacking defenseless, fit young men".

Thank you, Mrs Roo. I shall do just that. Sounds like fun. Does my plan of overnighting near Paddington Station and taking the Heathrow Direct too and from the airport make some sense?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!