...inability to control myself from hurting myself...

I won't bore you with the details of my situation that can be read in my earlier post. This is more a cry of anguish and need for some sympathy! I just canceled an April yurt trip... stating the inability to control myself from hurting myself.

I've been working towards this trip for about a year including intense rehab from my 2 ACL surgery's. I was able to start skiing again and was feeling strong think'n 'damn i can ski good.' then the inevitable happens and i torque a knee and scare the shit out of myself think'n i was going to need surgery again. But i got the AOK, your ACL is still intact from the therapist, and the knee does feel better and better each day although i evaluate the injury and my activity level. I don't think i want or need an MRI $$ and figure any good therapist should be able to detect a completely blown ACL, and of course that's my major concern. Thus i've also decided to element the largest mechanism of potential injury from my life 'skiing', at least till spring and maybe till next year.

One of the most understated problems with the hammy graft (in my mind) is the hidden consequences of removing part of your hammy. At the 6 month appointment when i was cleared to start skiing he mentioned a 12-18 month period for full recovery of the hammy! what do folks think, i've got one at 10 months (currently tweaked) and the other at 7 month (feels good) but lacking strength in both. that plus the potential for stretching the reconstructed ACL, anybody have experience will that?

On a positive i've been able to get out on the snowmobile and motor around a bit but it's not the same...

definately takes time to get back to 100%. Stay strong
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Montana skier, that pic in your post looks like the Gardiner lake???

yeah long time... good news was it felt like spring this weekend! good times... cleaning up dog shit in the yard!