Wild Horse Catskiing / Ymir area

Hey!

I'll be going on a trip to Wild Horse catskiing soon and I'm wondering if anyone knows the terrain in that area. Is there lots of cliffs, pillows, steeps and maybe spine lines?

We'll be in our "own" cat so I think we pretty much can pick and choose as long as the snowpack is stable.

Cheers!
    Looking for the next turn..

Photo's on the website look like some pretty sweet terrain dude! Have fun!

Yeah, I guess it will be a bit like the montana trip, we will pretty much be skiing FUN lines all day!

I realize now that my question was pretty dumb.. sorry about that TGR
    Looking for the next turn..

Quote Originally Posted by the_teo View Post
    FUN lines all day!

No first hand experience, but I've heard very good things. I've considered going there before. Have fun!
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

I recently posted a tr from there. It all depends on you and the snow.

was at wildhorse yesterday. we had a full cat of different abilities. we couldn't get into any of the high ridges because of the avy conditions but it was still tons of fun, lots of pillows in non-avy terrain. if the stability is good, the options looked pretty unbelievable. the guides were up to do anything you could handle and encouraged jumping off stuff. the sandwiches were tasty aswell.

My friend just got back last week after spending time there and had RAVE reviews. She did mention that they spent a lot of time in the trees. Either way, the pics I saw looked SICK and she had an amazing time. Enjoy!!!

Here she is ripping it up

‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

i rented a yurt from those guys in 2003. we had a group 7. we had our own guide and chef too. one sleeping yurt, and the eating/hanging out yurt. we were supposed to take a cat to get part way there, and tour/turn the rest. the cat road got taken out by an avy, or so we were told so we skied whitewater till i convinced/demanded they get us a chopper out there, so we wouldn't have our time/money wasted, which they did. the terrain was a nice mix of open bowl/trees and the snow was very nice bouncy spongecake delight. my favorite kind of snow. didn't seem like we skied any shots over 1000 vert, but when you have a skinner in and the snow is perfect, who the fuck cares. i'd stop a thousand vert down after 200+ shortswings anyway.

the 7 days spent out at the yurt was great. went in mid/late march which is as late as i'd go due to relatively low elevation and potential sun/warm damage.

toured up and over ridges to get back to the cat and got cat ride out. i wouldn't say the terrain blew me away, but was fun. if yer coming from spokane, the touring around kooteney pass was well worth the stop in the rental car on our way back to the airport. i think the whole 7 day/8 night with all trans/chef/guide/yurt and a day at whitewater was only like a grand a piece at most.

have fun!

rog

^^^
    Similar experience. Me and my GF at the time dropped in for a day. Had a mixed group, lots of fun but nothing really steep or crazy. Having said that, there was a fair bit of fresh so lines had to be somewhat conservative and vis meant mostly tree runs. In all, a quality operation and a really good time. Hope you have a blast!

edit - post 333, may be I should buy some skis
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

We just got back yesterday - I'm sure someone will post more of a real trip report, but good Lord, it was amazing.

JoshP getting after it:

Spark is stoked (with our tracks in the background):

Amazing snow:
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"