Crotched Mt, NH - FREE SKIING SUNDAY

I may be there. Never skied Crotched before but free skiing is better than no skiing. If you spot my helmet, give a shout.

Thats why they are doin it - they re-opened last year after being closed a LONG time, and the word isn't totally out - easy day trip from Boston, no Jay but a nice lil place
    Check the hours - XTREME MIDNIGHTS til 3am -
    Monday - Saturday: 9am - 9pm
    Sunday: 9am - 7pm
    X-treme Midnight Madness: 9pm - 3am
    (Friday & Saturday nights beginning mid-January)
    Last edited by DaveTV; 12-16-2004 at 07:21 PM.

I skinned up last year after Cardigan conditions sucked, its a fun mountain. Reeeeeeeaaly empty. Run by good folks too.

I spent a lot of days there as a kid, nice to see it open again, go support the place by skiing for free!

Hell, maybe you'll go back and buy a ticket sometime.

I learned to ski there about 15 years ago, and was completely bummed out when it shut down and I had to start going to Maple Valley on Friday nights. Cool to see that its opening back up.

heh... "crotched." love it.

*bump*

I hiked this mtn a few times several years ago when it was closed. Oh if only I'd had fat skis back then. (It was after two big storms.)

I admit I'll probly be there tomorrow. It's close by and freeee. I'll be in bright yellow Flexons (hard to miss), blue/white jacket and p-mag stickers on a black helmet (funny looking carerra with little aero fin.)

I'll be there early. Silver helmet (see avatar) tan pants, grey Marmot shell, bright yellow poles, Fischer sticks.

Edit: make that a blue Arcteryx jacket.
    Last edited by JMO; 12-18-2004 at 04:37 PM.

Not bad skiing for the price - fast groomers, decent pitches, sunny skies, warm temps. And I met up with Dromond. Good to meet you, man. Sorry I had to bug out early. Chores and family party to attend to. Good stuff, all around, though.

It was a good time. Conditions went to hell not long after 11:30 so worry not you didn't miss much.

sorry I missed you guys out there today...forgot to post here to say I'd be there. Regardless I don't think I saw either of you all day, might have seen Dromond and his yellow boots but I can't be sure. I suck at meeting up with maggots.
    Last edited by dipstik; 12-19-2004 at 06:26 PM.