Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is the "skiing lifestyle?"

What does "lifestyle" mean to you? Is it what you do? Who you are? The way you live your life? Where you live your life? Or all of the above? I'm trying to figure out how to describe the lifestyle of a skier. I want to know who we are, what we are all about, and the community we represent. There are many types of skiers out there living many different life styles but who are the "true grit skiers?"

Quote Originally Posted by traviswolfeskiing View Post
    What does "lifestyle" mean to you? Is it what you do? Who you are? The way you live your life? Where you live your life? Or all of the above? I'm trying to figure out how to describe the lifestyle of a skier. I want to know who we are, what we are all about, and the community we represent. There are many types of skiers out there living many different life styles but who are the "true grit skiers?"
    oh, that's easy, just read this http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/f...-Ski-Snowboard and you'll know
    ~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~

So, are "we" writing a magazine article, or doing market research?
    Change is good. You go first.

school paper?

Hookers and blow.
    Living vicariously through myself.

I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

I'm the skiing lifestyle.

...and hookers and blow.

gunit130 Guest
    Honest answer, search any thread started by 'Downbound Train'. That dude lives the lifestyle every skier dreams of.

A pioneer of the sport, Ken Quackenbush, once remarked, "It's not a lifestyle, it is a way of life." Lifestyle is cosmetic, way of life goes to the bone.

Semantics? Yup, but I can't hear the word "lifestyle" without thinking of this quote.

John

A marketing concept intended to separate you from your money, i.e. hookers and blow.

This is an inspiring and uplifting thread of genuine mountain life and the struggle for survival: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...rke?highlight=
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Lifestyle means you live in the city and go skiing on the weekends. You wear arcteryx, drive a land rover, miss all the mid week pow days, and consider yourself a local because you own a condo in town. I appreciate your business and don't mind giving you a taste of the good life since you have financed me living here for 16 years.

It's all about keeping it real, yo

When life gives you haters, make haterade.

I would say it has something to do with arranging your life in whatever way is possible to ski as often as you can. This ranges from folks who work all summer to have winter off in whatever means they can muster, to family folks who do everything they can to get up the odd weekend, or better yet to share it with their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by gunit130 View Post
    Honest answer, search any thread started by 'Downbound Train'. That dude lives the lifestyle every skier dreams of.
    Can I sig this plz?

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    It's all about keeping it real, yo

That's about right. No chicks present!

yea not just the life, but the lifestyle. for real yo. deep.

it definitely does not envolve spending any part of your day in a cubicle.
    believe me its real.

sitting in an office gear whoring on the internet
    Corner store junkies giving advice

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoop View Post
    yea not just the life, but the lifestyle. for real yo. deep.

it definitely does not envolve spending any part of your day in a cubicle.
    Bullshit. I am sitting in my cubicle right now and have 54 days on the hill this season. That's more days of actual skiing then I had when I lived 20 mins away from the mtn and bumped chairs for a living.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

you started out asking one thing but then changed it without defining the change. the skiing tribe is diverse beyond imagining.

No; no school work is involved. I posted this thread wondering what type of replies I would receive and whom best describes the life that is skiing.

No this is not for any type of publishing. I woke up this morning wondering what the skiing life style means to other fellow skiers.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by traviswolfeskiing View Post
    No this is not for any type of publishing. I woke up this morning wondering what the skiing life style means to other fellow skiers.
    Not babbling about it to fucking idiots on the internet

skiing's fun. Full Stop. It's not a lifestyle, it's not a commodity, it's not dickswinging dumbasses, it's not messageboards, it's not magazines, it's not movies, it's not doubledildoedrocker skis. NOW FUCKING DIE

I can tell you it definetly involves serious injury and subsequent down time. When will your number be up? Hard to know but be assured, you will eventually wreck an important body part. Hopefully not your head, spine, or neck.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Not babbling about it to fucking idiots on the internet

skiing's fun. Full Stop. It's not a lifestyle, it's not a commodity, it's not dickswinging dumbasses, it's not messageboards, it's not magazines, it's not movies, it's not doubledildoedrocker skis. NOW FUCKING DIE
    I like Hugh. Hugh're funny.
    Living vicariously through myself.