CO MAGS- Dog related question

My wife and I are in a tight spot. We are travelling over the Christmas holiday and will be gone for 5 days. We normally have friends that will watch our dog when we go out of town and can not take him. This time, none of them are available to watch over him. This leaves us in a tight spot, since we do not like to leave him in a Kennel, and as of yet never had to.

The question I have is if any Denver area maggots are staying in town for Christmas, and my have the ability to watch over a 35lb beagle mix. He is a sweet dog and really does not require any special treatment. Your help would be greatly appreciated, and my wife and I would be willing to return the favor for other dog owners that can help us out.

Shoot me a PM if you may be able to help out.

Thanks.

I used to never leave my dog in a kennel either until I got sick of dealing with friends B.S. over dog sitting. I had one friend that I had watched their dog six times; two of those included talking him camping with me. To return the favor the "friend" after wathcing my dog twice claimed she had watched my dog way more than I had watched hers and that she couldn't take him because she was going camping!

Now I board him at Camp Bow Wow or at Cottonwood Kennel. They both are kind of pricey but the dogs get to run around and play with each other all day rather than sitting in a cage.

Thanks for the links Lurch, I would prefer to have him stay at a cool vacation spot, as oppossed to a lock box area. He came from the pound and after 4 years, he has really blossomed into a great dog and would hate to have him take any steps back due to undue trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by nopainnojane
    Thanks for the links Lurch, I would prefer to have him stay at a cool vacation spot, as oppossed to a lock box area. He came from the pound and after 4 years, he has really blossomed into a great dog and would hate to have him take any steps back due to undue trauma.
    I had the same concerns, my dog was in and out of the pound twice before I got him. He always comes back from those two places happy.