Beartooth Pass summer ski hill - open this May/June/July!!!!!!!

greetings ski bums!
    For those of you that have the stoke to ski all months of the year, enjoy true rocky mountain scenery, want to ride poma-lifts to access terrain parks, big-mountain terrain, and good ol' courdoroy cruisers; check out our small ski operation on the Beartooth Pass, near the MT/WY border.
    It has been two seasons since we were last open, but the owners and operators feel confident that this summer season the lifts will run for anyone who wants to shred gnar in late May - all of June - and early July! this ski hill is open to competitive teams (freeride, racing, big-mountain, tele, etc.), and the general public for all days of operation.
    This place is the true jem of small ski hills, locally owned and operated out of Red Lodge, MT, and then only lift-accessed skiing in the northern Rockies during summer months.
    Come check us out this year, or look at our website for more details: www.rlissc.com

hope to see you all up this year!!!

I've was there June '09 it was great. Keep us updated when the road opens ect. Maybe post some stoke from summers past and what not. Good luck. Steep steep corn skiing.

I am stoked to check it out this summer. What does a ticket run?

Good luck!

This is great! I have been meaning to get over to red Lodge and now I have the perfect excuse. Now to rig up the motorbike to hold skis....

Keep in mind if you don't want to pay you can hike and find some really awesome stuff just via roadside shuttles. It is good to see the poma run again though...good on you guys and hope you have a great late season, some good stuff up that way. Road normally opens on Memorial Day weekend.
    Last edited by montanaskier; 03-10-2011 at 04:11 PM.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

tickets are $45 a day, or a group/team of 8 will get one free ticket.

we are willing to barter some deals if you are coming to the are for an extended period, or if you want to work for turns

memorial day is the opening of the pass, and we will run until our snow is gone

stay tuned for more info, pics will be included on future threads

awesomeness.
    I need to do cornfest this year. I still haven't somehow.
    I have beacon shovel probe, but no at gear. I'm in pretty good shape. Who's headed there from missoula and bozeman?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Rad! I ski that area every summer but haven't rode the poma before. I will bring a crew down for sure. Fun!
    "he doesn't know to behold what the cold frost can do..."

Been trying to plan this trip for 2-3 years now. This snowpack is a good start at least. Too many golfgardenkayakcyclists in my posse. Guess I need some new friends.
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

whatit lookLike

from junkshow diaries...

edit- ^many lines are car/hike access not the skihill poma obv, fyi
    1min = waterfall chute below reefer area
    240ish min str8line = gardiner headwall area
    (think thats right)
    Last edited by baseWeldr; 03-18-2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: info

SICK!
    stay outta my line

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    This is great, looking forward to June!

sweeet! but, noooooo! i'm headed through that part of the woods 27-29, i have to be in fargo on the 30th! if the road gets opened earlier, will lifts be spinning as soon as it does? i'd love to hit this up!

Quote Originally Posted by baseWeldr View Post
    from junkshow diaries...

edit- ^many lines are car/hike access not the skihill poma obv, fyi
    1min = waterfall chute below reefer area
    240ish min str8line = gardiner headwall area
    (think thats right)
    So much win here. Need. To. Get. There. (Imagine middle aged William Shatner here).
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

When does the snow typically run out? Late July?

Pretty pumped... Saw the lift two years ago in August, was confused for a moment and then stoked. Finally going to ski it!