Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ^^^ Sparks flying from skis! Not what you would expect at Fernie. More like a Banff TR. But the good thing for you guys is that one storm and everything is back to normal - in other words awesome pow.

I ended up at Louise today. Looked around for Playharder and friends but didn't see them anywhere. Had a super fun day bombing all over the hill. Really good coverage - I was pleasantly surprised. And absolutely no one there. It felt like a Monday and not a Saturday. Skied right onto every lift.

At around 2:30 I was reminded that being in shape to ski Sunshine and being in shape to ski Louise all day are two totally different things. We had 30,000 vertical by mid-afternoon without really trying.

Now we have a good base, so bring on the storms to freshen things up for the holiday season.

raining and windy in banff today, I didn;t go up. Did anyone ski? rain/snow line was at 6,000 at 10am acording to SSV patrol.

Mtnlion, there are a few posts about today's conditions over at Biglines. It sounds like it was a freakin gong show. Most lifts at Louise and Sunshine closed due to winds.

I wasn't at the hills today, but I just talked to a friend who had headed up to Louise this morning from Calgary. She didn't get further than the Castle junction before getting stuck with the road closure. I guess the highway was a huge skating rink with freezing rain and snow.

The web cams at Kicking Horse looked like there was some big time snow coming down all day long, even at the base. Tomorrow could be a good one there or high up at Sunshine or Louise. Sunshine cam at 7 pm look nice and snowy.

I was out in Kananaskis today with the Avy course and it was most definitly a gong show out there. The drive up was something else... Lots a rain making the road very much like a skating rink. Up around Burstall rain turned to snow which was nice since we were standing around all day in the weather.

Winds were unreal, snow blowing around all over, we went for a bit of a tour but had to turn back out of the trees due to the wind snaping trees and general shitty conditions. Dug around in the snow and learnt a lot about snow conditions and general Avy knowladge.

Good day, even without any skiing. I would imagine there'd be some good conditions at the Lake and Sunshine with the snow out there today. Hopefully KH got a bunch as well.

ok, one month and 2 days til we head up to interior BC..it better start picking up. Although alot can happen in a month, I'm thinking I should have gone later again this year..even though Late Feb last year was pitiful as far as warm and no new snow.

Things suck here out in Cali..too...nothing going on for the last 2 weeks, nothing going to happen for another 1-2 weeks either.

How are the other resorts like Red and Whitewater doing? (without checking snow reports)
    sno...

Sorry Eldo, ended up waiting for the phone to ring all day Saturday and ended up neither working or skiing.
    Headed up to the lake on Sunday, kinda like opening day all over again. Only one chair running due to winds. The rain turned to snow about 10:30 and came down off and on all day, started dumping about 3:00. Should be pretty nice up there today.

30 new at Kicking Horse, 3 new at Fernie. I wonder which will be better today?

Also looks like lots of pow for your cat skiing the next few days. We'll want a TR with photos!

Skied LL on Saturday, the conditions still felt like it was the middle of November and not the end of December, but we were still able to find some sweet turns. We partied it up in Banff Saturday night and tried to ski SSV on Sunday but with the parking lot being packed and only 3 lifts operating we decided that it probably wasn't worth it.
    Smoke'em If You Got'em

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Gunn
    ...We partied it up in Banff Saturday night and tried to ski SSV on Sunday but with the parking lot being packed and only 3 lifts operating we decided that it probably wasn't worth it.
    From looking at biglines you made the right decision. Sat at SSV was good.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.